Senior Product Manager, Data Platform - Duo Security at Duo Security
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:11 a.m. (CST) on Friday, October 15, 2021
We're a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJs, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to take an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.What you'll do...As the Senior Product Manager for Data Platform, you will be responsible for enabling the storage and retrieval of data for Duo's products including consumption by 3rd party customer systems. In this role, you will lead the effort to build a highly-scalable logging platform to help internal teams handle their data and empower information security teams to make informed decisions. Our ideal candidate comes from a data background and can speak the language of the team that you'll be working with. Your key responsibilities include:
- Create a product vision and roadmap partnering closely with the Data Platform team.
- Interview users to understand the data consumption problems that they have and deeply understand the data context of their use case.
- Prioritize improvements to Duo's logging capabilities and the ability for enabling 3rd party customer systems to consume logs.
- Produce concise business case documents, presentations and product requirements documents (PRD) that describes the cost, benefit and tradeoffs to enable effective decision making.
- Build and maintain a prioritization framework for data analytics related work based on measurable inputs and objective data.
- Track and communicate legal and data usage compliance requirements across various geographic regions and customer segments. Appropriately prioritize and communicate resulting changes to the analytics ecosystem or data usage policies.
- 3 years of product management experience working directly with engineering teams to plan, develop and deliver SaaS software products.
- Experience delivering large-scale cloud-based data products that involve stream processing and API-driven bulk log export.
- Sufficient technical knowledge of statistics, data analysis, database fundamentals, and data visualization to elicit, synthesize, and communicate the requirements, goals, challenges and outcomes of data platform work.
- Experience working closely with analysts, statisticians, and/or data scientists. Hands-on data analysis experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with a variety of commercial tools and solution patterns in the data analytics space.
- Track record of defining product success metrics and prioritizing feature development
- Ability to use data to drive decision making while managing requests from different groups of stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate positioning and technology to technical, sales and executive audiences.
- You possess a highly driven and entrepreneurial personality, with an ability to get stuff done while having a sharp mind and eye for detail.
- You love living on the frontier of the cutting edge and inspire by creating pictures and plans for the future.
- You are comfortable initiating and managing necessary change and work effectively and efficiently through others.
- You see potential in human diversity and build bridges between different cultures and experiences to help others work together.
- You're motivated by being an expert in your field and excel at working across diverse stakeholders, providing clarity through focus and direction.
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth-phase company makes you uncomfortable, or if you need well-established policies and procedures to drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you are uncomfortable communicating with various stakeholders, on an ongoing basis, to keep the customer perspective and share it with your peers!