Senior Product Manager, Data Science at realtor.com
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continue and greater success as a company.
What You Will Do:
Data science is at the heart of making products easier and more engaging to use. As a product manager for data science you’ll connect a keen eye for strategy with your technical expertise with your passion for helping consumers. Together, we’ll make all things home simple, efficient, and enjoyable.
- Work closely with product, data science and machine learning teams to define the product strategy and roadmap to positively impact consumer experience
- Take data science products through every stage of the life cycle, including idea generation, offline testing, A/B testing, and deployment
- Partner with data science and engineering colleagues to identify and resolve platform dependencies, collaborating closely with engineering owners and architects to understand and contribute to data architecture and design
- Work with business stakeholders and development colleagues to define product requirements and write detailed user stories, handling the product backlog and prioritization
- Ensure success of the team’s scrum process as product owner, owning the product backlog, grooming, prioritization, taking part in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, demos, retrospectives and other ceremonies
- Optimize product development processes to deliver projects on time, in scope, and on budget, increasing the rate of innovation, and magnifying the team’s impact across business units, including partner channels
- Communicate product status, metrics, goals and performance clearly to internal stakeholders throughout the organization, including impacted teams (internal and external) across geographic location
- Contribute to market research and competitive analysis, benchmarking new products, functions, and features
What we’re looking for:
Data science product managers bring together technical ability and product management excellence. Some of the qualities you might bring include:
- Self-assured nature, finds it fun to take on a big ask (small bites at a time)
- User-centred style, with a strong sense of empathy and experience driving product direction and execution based on user needs
- Blend of experience from workplaces large and small
- 3+ years product management experience and at least 1 year data science experience, either as a data scientist or a product manager for a data science team
- BS or MS degree in Data Analytics or in another quantitative field (MS preferred)
- We’d love to see an MBA and/or a background in design, although neither is required
- Comfortable leading ideation sessions, setting strategy for one or more squads, figuring out whom to work with across the organization, managing risk, and identifying opportunities.
- Experience with machine learning/deep learning model serving and real-time predictions
- Experience with at least one programming language (e.g., R, Python, Ruby, Shell Scripting, Scala)
- Interest in, and preferably experience working with platform services development with large transactional systems, distributed systems, big data systems, DB and ML tools, or cloud services
- Experience as a product owner in scrum or kanban frameworks
- Working experience using SQL or NoSQL with large data sets
- Familiarity with cloud-based technology, including AWS, Spark, and Kafka
- Awareness of data science models using various statistics and machine-learning toolkits (Scikit-learn, MLlib, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate the product vision, roadmap, backlog priorities and trade-offs, adapting message to the audience, technical and non-technical
- Entrepreneurial spirit focused on impact, balancing effort to value, and getting things done
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.