Senior Product Manager, Digital Health Platform at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team and take from concept to launch innovative clinician- and patient-facing applications used by billions of people every day. The products you define, execute, and take to market will allow assessing, interpreting, and managing population health on a global scale. You will apply critical thinking and analytical skills to develop solutions ground-up, as well as integrate and scale software already on the market to provide new and sophisticated capabilities.
New genetic testing combined with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and compute technology has revolutionized healthcare. Previously impossible to diagnose diseases can now be identified early, even prevented. From cancer to heart disease, to neurological issues, to rare diseases and pediatric conditions, the products you lead will provide critical health information, help match patients to the best, personalized treatments, advance medical research, and improve outcomes. You will conceptualize and bring to market ground-breaking digital solutions that transform previously unavailable health analytics with benefits to patients, their families, their healthcare team, providers, and medical researchers.
You will partner with marketing, design, engineering, commercial, legal, business leaders, and subject matter experts to shape and ship products customers love. You will relentlessly advocate for the customer (who can represent many different personas), articulate customer needs and success criteria to partners involved in launching the solution, and assure the experiences built are valuable, viable, usable, and feasible. In this role, you will measure yourself by outcomes, customer engagement, stickiness, and retention, which can ultimately be translated into revenue generation.
You will identify the most impactful issues blocking customers' progress, define and validate possible solutions. You will create and prioritize product roadmap, compose clear product requirement documents and other collateral to enable design and development teams with proceeding on implementation, and drive execution while overcoming any launch barriers. When launching a new experience, you will write a sample Press Release you would want the press to publish about your product, then work backward to deliver the right product at the right time. You will collaborate with other product managers and SMEs to align your solutions with Invitae’s products already on the market. The success of your product depends on streamlined integrations with the customer workflows without friction, and you will identify venues to deliver connected, intuitive user experiences across the entire application suite with no disruption to time-constrained providers with life-consequential responsibilities.
This role requires leading products from product-market-fit to growth and hyper-growth while delivering business outcomes supporting Invitae's mission and objectives. Also, you will help instill product-mindset across the organization and software development lifecycle while balancing scope, resource, technical, and schedule constraints.
If you enjoy solving complex, large-scale, life-changing problems and are ready to make a difference to billions of people, we would love to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
- Lead product end-to-end from concept to launch, and deliver valuable, viable, feasible, highly-usable digital experiences customers love that also meet Invitae's business goals
- Transform complex medical and technical concepts into intuitive, highly-usable, and easily discoverable product workflows customers can use instantly and lead them to market
- Translate business requirements into Agile user stories, workflows, and user journeys with a focus on fast-to-market design and engineering execution without compromise on quality or usability
- Create sufficient and succinct documentation and diagrams to empower the Design team to quickly and iteratively create user flows, prototypes, high-fidelity UI, and visual design specifications, which in turn can be used by the Engineering teams to unblock development to lead the implementation
- Create multiple product hypotheses and validate through user research and competitive analysis the best solution to deliver customer, business, and revenue value
- Create and evangelize a compelling product vision to support company mission and business outcomes, which you relentlessly test and refine
- Translate product vision into strategic context, product roadmap, and prioritized backlog, iteratively refining and updating requirements based on market and customer feedback
- Incorporate customer feedback, technical optimizations, and usability findings into one comprehensive product backlog
- Collaborate across all functions to deliver the product on time, on scope, with quality, and in line with customer, business, and revenue expectations
What you bring:
- Deep experience leading industry-proven product management efforts
- Demonstrated success of defining and shipping multiple digital SaaS products at scale
- Experience with end-to-end product delivery, from concept to launch to iteration
- Proven track record of influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Effective communication skills, with a demonstrable ability to convey complex ideas to peers and collaborators concisely and clearly in both written narrative and spoken form
- Experience documenting product requirements, from high-level concept docs to highly specific and detailed PRDs to User Stories with clear, complete, testable, and measurable Acceptance Criteria
- Ability to work with marketing, product design, engineering, and executive partners to balance between customer obsession and business metrics
- Technical savvy with technologies powering your product, as well as their limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and rationale for architectural decisions
- Experience with data analytics platforms such as Amplitude, MixPanel, etc. to examine customer engagement trends and identify opportunities for growth and improved satisfaction
- An ability and interest to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and constantly evolving environment
- Experience in SaaS applications and/or highly scalable digital platforms
- Computer science or a related technical degree
- Preferred: Experience in value-based healthcare or the medical industry
- Preferred: Experience conducting user research, validating product-market fit with customer focus groups, surveys, product previews, beta programs, A/B tests, and usability studies
- Preferred: Professional experience leading global, cross-functional teams remotely
- Preferred: Professional experience working with Agile or Scrum development
- Preferred: Ability to define products through the lens of human-centered design to build habit-forming products with positive health outcomes
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.