Senior Product Manager of eCommerce at WP Engine
WP Engine is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join its Product organization. This person will own our burgeoning eCommerce product offering. We're looking for someone who has demonstrated excellence in turning great ideas into results that delight customers and drive growth, with a specific emphasis on eCommerce and WordPress!
The ideal candidate will drive customer research and uncover ideas and opportunities through discovery with an understanding of the underlying technologies, other eCommerce and general website marketing tools. Coordinate those ideas into a prioritized roadmap and validate technology solutions that get results for the business and our customers. This product manager will be meticulous and passionate in pursuit of a customer-inspired and successful product. This product manager will be comfortable in leading both the day-to-day details and the overall product strategy. The right fit will have a natural ability to lead via influence, and a passion for our products and our business. Will at times work with outside vendors, whether to integrate technology, or to work with organizations like Automattic on eCommerce-related topics.Day to Day:
- Drive Product Vision for WP Engine's eComm offering – advocate and balance the business requests and technical feasibility in building the features and functionality to drive our eComm offering at scale
- Regularly assess eComm market positioning and competitive landscape; identify and analyze opportunities in the market for new products that align with our product strategy.
- Work closely with the eCommerce team at Automattic on bi-directional feedback, technology matters, and co-selling opportunities.
- Be the eComm Product evangelist! Communicate both the vision and the status of product releases at all levels across the organization
- Test and learn via user research and discovery activities with our Product Design team to turn ideas into defined solutions for clear business problems and customer needs.
- Act as the Scrum Product Owner for your engineering team and lead execution along an agile software development process.
- Groom and prioritize your product backlog effectively, leading negotiation and trade-off discussions with key partners.
- Write concise and complete user stories and/or jobs to be done with clear acceptance criteria to enable designers, developers, and QE to clearly understand what defines success.
- Deliver customer value in every sprint, favoring rapid incremental progress and learning over monolithic "big bang" releases.
- Drive urgency at sustainable levels with your teams and partners.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to collaborate on go-to-market activities.
- Recruit and oversee early customers for Alpha and Beta releases.
- Define and regularly report on success criteria.
- Has 5+ years experience as a Product Manager, with a proven record of driving business results for products you have led.
- Has experience with WordPress, and specifically with eCommerce, both as a technology and as a community.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to think strategically, behave tactically, and have a bias for action.
- Are customer-inspired, with an obsession for delivering great user experiences.
- Successfully launched and were responsible for the product lifecycle across many products and require minimal direction.
- Data driven, but are also pragmatic with great intuition and are mostly right, most of the time.
- Are an excellent communicator at every level of an organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Be responsible for a strong point of view, but a natural listener and collaborator.
- Carry a knack for and experience working with UX designers to create delightful and engaging user experiences.
- Hold an uncanny ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external partners
- Agile experience and familiarity with Jira a plus.
- Bonus points for experience with a multitude of web infrastructure technologies, such as cloud hosting, web stack architecture, big data, APIs, etc.
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Pension scheme with company match (Make the most of retirement)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Private Health Coverage (100% company paid)
- Life/Death in Service and Income Protection (We've got your back)
- Lunch (Monday - Thursday)
- Check us out on social #wpeculture
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.