Senior Product Manager- Faith Solutions at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
The Product Management team is responsible for leading Blackbaud’s strategic product objectives by developing and delivering solutions that delight and inspire our customers and their constituents. You will be expected to be a “product owner,” a market and customer problem expert, and a team leader.
This position gives you an excellent opportunity to build critical church management capabilities, such as a facilities and resource management solution supporting our Faith Communities Solution with a team of highly motivated product management, engineering, and usability design and research professionals in an organization that is highly invested in creating exceptional product experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to partner with inspiring organizations and collaborate across multiple teams within Blackbaud to deliver solutions to power the ecosystem of good.
- Driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- You must be passionate about the social good sector and driven for customer success
Product Management Focus:
- Responsible for market analysis, insight, market problem ideation
- Development of personas, defining the market opportunity, differentiating features and value proposition, bringing the user experience to life through continuous development and delivery
- Transforming market analysis and identified market problems into an achievable product roadmap
- Leveraging internal partnerships and services to deliver on committed roadmap
- Create product backlog/requirement documents (epics, stories, scope docs, etc) to guide engineering in developing the platform features, and work closely with engineering and design to execute the product feature per specification
- Continuous development (CI&CD), design, and scrum interaction
- Lead an Agile/SCRUM cadence to bring solutions to the market iteratively through short-cycle design and scrum interaction
- Ensure customer focus by communicating and building rapport with customers and be the voice of the customer throughout the product development process
- Get to know our customers and partners, their use cases in depth, how they could use our products and to solve their challenges
- Work on a team of high-performing product professionals in a very collaborative environment
- Work collaboratively across many other teams to drive product success in all business, development and operation areas
- Develop and maintain strong product management, design, development, and pragmatic marketing skills
- Work with marketing to communicate the value of our integrated solutions
- Help measure and drive global business results for the product
- Conduct competitive analysis and maintain information repositories of competitive activity
- Help create and drive business and technical strategy.
- Ability to prioritize numerous simultaneous tasks
- Passion for helping non-profit organizations of all sizes, specifically our Faith Communities clients
- Adept at understanding and curious about new technologies, systems, and tools.
- Deliver results working across teams in other organizations
- Strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers and presenting internally and externally; proven ability to run effective meetings; comfortable interacting at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding relationship and partnering skills (internal and external). Very strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence.
- Can-do attitude with a demonstrated ability to get things done under minimal supervision and drive results across cross functional teams.
- 3-years’ experience in relevant roles at a commercial software or cloud company. Experience in Product Management preferred.
- Ability to build and understand financial models, business cases, and P&L statements preferred.
- Experience in Pragmatic Marketing and Scrum or other Agile development practices, methodologies and tools is preferred
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Clearly articulate market driven feature requirements through an agile development process
- Continuously groom and prioritize the backlog based on product and business priorities and dependencies with other product managers and development teams
- Manage the requirements gathering process between an integrated team of stakeholders and various internal resources including product managers, internal stakeholders, clients, competitive information, and software related technical resources
- Be a Subject Matter Expert while working with developers throughout the product development, testing, implementation phases to ensure feature integrity and quality
- Support UX design team, owning client experience and actively participating in client UX testing for new features
- Develop and maintain strong & productive relationships with all development and business stakeholders in order to ensure timely and effective delivery of software features.
- Monitor ongoing performance of features and act as point of contact for any questions, concerns, or suggestions
- Support internal business unit teams with specific questions, training and guidance during product deployment, ongoing training and throughout the year
- Contribute to the overall Product Vision and Roadmap
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years direct experience managing requirements for software related projects
- Pragmatic marketing certified / familiarity with pragmatic marketing methodology (preferred)
- Experience in client or customer-facing role a plus
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.