Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Senior Product Manager, Finance - Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed, and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is looking for a Senior Product Manager and business partner to Finance who will also serve as a senior member of the Product organization, leading the ideation and design of the future state Finance function and systems to support a multi-billion dollar Real Estate Finance organization. This position will report directly to the Head of Product at Amherst and be the principal technology business partner to the CFO and the senior Finance organization.
Who You Are
- Real Pro. From concept to delivery, rolling out new and innovative products is your thing!
- Intellectually Curious. You are a detective, with a keen interest in solving both business problems and continuously looking to self-improve professionally. You strive for best practices and explore trends/experiments to improve the status quo.
- Product Obsessed. You are continually researching the market for innovative products, features, and systems and continually challenge the efficacy of the existing product set and functionality
- A Creative Problem Solver. You have a propensity to think strategically, logically and outside the box to solve problems for the business and customer.
- Resilient. You are open to objective feedback and view mistakes as a learning mechanism.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
- Meticulous. You are highly structured, disciplined and take pride in your work, setting and executing on timely project deliverables with the roadmap to get there
- Knowledgeable. You understand the scrum and agile rituals and leverage best of breed software to help manage the end-to-end process efficiently
- Team Player. You put team success and outcomes first and have a high degree of personal character – everyone enjoys working with you
What You'll Do
- Define, prioritize and own the Finance product roadmap and help craft the vision with the CFO and senior Finance stakeholders
- Frequently interact with C-level executives and key business stakeholders and lead a dedicated Technology team implementing outcomes with a high ROI
- Lead stakeholder discovery sessions and workshops, model processes and interpret business needs to produce value propositions and detailed user stories, plans and business requirements that developers understand and can execute on
- Support and continually improve the existing infrastructure – ERP/Yardi and
- Reporting/Alation are the principle systems and tools our Finance stakeholders use each
What You'll Bring
- Deep analytical, business and technical skills with advanced working knowledge of the Finance function, in particular, Financial Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, controls, data, and General Ledger / ERP systems and structures (chart of accounts, Finance data, accounting, and reporting rulesets)
- A track record of leading Finance change and transformation at a medium to large Financial Services firm, preferably in Real Estate, building compelling value propositions and the functional architecture and target state
- Expert Process Modeler…experienced in leading discovery and workshops with stakeholders to map out as-is business processes and identify opportunities for optimization and automation
- Comfortable with principles and design of Financial statement production, accounts payable and receivables, SOX and SOC compliance
- Document and manage the reliability and disaster recovery plans for Finance systems
- Ability to effectively balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills essential – detailed oriented but adept and comfortable at abstracting complex accounting problems and proposing solutions to non-technical stakeholders
- Creative and innovative – must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities and resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Finance, Business or Accounting with at least ten (10) years of experience leading Finance strategic change initiatives
- CFA, with a Lean Six Sigma certification or equivalent, highly preferred
- Bonus Skills – knowledge of Yardi and the Real Estate vertical, and implementing large scale ERP change all a huge plus
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.