Who we are:
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
What you will be doing:
To reflect our ambition to meet people’s needs across the entire buyer journey, we’ve created a special product role that is the connective tissue between all the different features and experience we create. You directly help make the whole greater than the sum of all the parts. This includes the global navigation and the consistent ways people move between pages and user flows, as well as common interaction patterns for things like notifications, nudges and other prompts. Plus you’ll help coordinate and personalize the home page and user profile and make it adaptive to wherever someone is in the home buying journey.
Sounds like a great challenge, right? But wait! There is so much we can do to take this from good, to amazing. We’re feeling cheekily bold to make a big step-change in the experience, which is excitingly a key ingredient to our plan for the strategy and success of our company.
You’ll motivate and guide product development for a specific aspect of the buyer’s journey, working as part of a small, empowered team of designers and engineers. Together, with a clear mission in your heads and hearts, you’ll ship a lot of engaging, beautiful and personalised new product experiences that genuinely solve buyer problems and delight them with what you create.
Day to day you can expect to:
- Work in tight, nimble partnership with your design and tech work teammates, sharing the sweat and joy of building stuff together
- Be celebrated for working with openness, trust, being humble, and being all about helping your team do great work
- Embrace ambiguity and help your team through it, laughing when we make a bad choice before figuring out what to try next
- Help embed a creative, goal-oriented and bold product culture, where we try new things, and are curious and open-minded with how to reach each goal
- Have plenty of variety, no two days are the same!
What are some of the benefits of this job:
- A generous base salary, complemented by an annual short term incentive
- Meaningful benefits, such as wonderful support for new parents, with a generous gender-neutral parental leave policy for both primary and secondary caregivers
- A manager and leadership dedicated to growing your skills, honing your strengths, engaging your passions, and allowing your to produce work you love
- An environment that welcomes your feedback, values different points of view, and is eager to bring new ideas to life
What we’re looking for…
Of course, we have some things in mind that might help tell you if you’re a pretty good fit. We’re after product managers who have a:
- Self-assured nature, finds it fun to take on a big ask (small bites at a time)
- User-centred style, and background in consumer-facing apps - maybe you were even a user experience designer in a past life
- Blend of experience from workplaces large and small
- Consulting skills to bring many different parties and perspectives together, forge a vision and get buy-in
- Lovely set of views about how great products are made together with engineering and design - or if earlier in career, are forming those and keen to learn
- Respectful approach to guide, encourage (and even inspire!) a cross-functional team of designers and engineers, to allow each person to uniquely shine and contribute
- Digital product passion in thy blood (e.g. several years experience for the more senior roles), giving you some strong ideas (but weakly held) to share
- Run or two on the board in two-sided marketplaces - as an added bonus
- Soft skills set including communication, friendly, approachable, open to ideas, generous giver and receiver of feedback
- Desire to be part of and help create a highly-inclusive culture where everyone can belong
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.