Senior Product Manager IVD Products at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Are you passionate about precision oncology and improving patient access to personalized molecular detection tools that can be used in local settings? As an IVD Product Manager you will be responsible for bringing IVD products through development and supporting their launch and commercialization.
Successful candidates are experienced product managers with a strong track record of successful IVD product introductions globally. Specifically, candidates must have a strong global IVD biomarker strategy background; have a strong understanding of the clinical testing space; understand the hospital lab workflow and economics; and should have working knowledge of the design control process.
You will work cross-functionally, partnering with various functional stakeholders to translate application-specific customer needs into design inputs, and ushering the product through the development process, ensuring the commercialization of solutions that bring value to Invitae’s customers.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Champion the Voice of Customer (VOC) and assist with the development of user needs pertaining to the development of the product.
- Drive new products to market technically and commercially in partnership with all team members and departments while meeting timeline and budget targets.
- Analyze and segment markets to determine compelling value proposition, competitive positioning, most desirable and critical product attributes and trade-offs, most appropriate pricing strategy and go to market business model by closely working with the Commercial teams.
- Provide technical marketing support to sales/support teams, training and tool development.
- Understand and actively assess the market: segmentation, dynamics, clinical trends, regional regulatory landscape. Actively monitor industry trends to understand the competitive environment and anticipate precision oncology market shifts and customer demands. Own the customer-driven process to define user workflow in different use settings. Use knowledge to evaluate, update and manage change for your products in development and on-market.
- Drive successful relationships with key customers to ensure we understand emerging trends and successful adoption of new products.
- Create and validate business cases for new market opportunities and proposals. This includes creation of strategic plans, product definitions, market segmentation, collection of voice of customer, product requirements, market analysis.
- Align with the cross-functional team supporting the development of the IVD oncology product strategy and roadmap.
- Ensure successful implementation of our go to market plans to accomplish customer adoption, use goals and financial objectives.
- Build strong internal relationships and collaborations with R&D, Pharma BD, CMO, MSLs, Project Managers, Commercial, Regulatory, Software, Finance and other key functions and teams. Lead cross-functional groups and drive accountability even if not in the same department.
- 5-10% travel both domestically and/or internationally, as required.
- 5+ years of experience in product management or customer-facing function in the genomics or life science industry.
- 7+ years combined experience in marketing/product management.
- Advanced degree(s) in life sciences (ie BSc/MS) required; MBA preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of next-generation sequencing workflows (sample to data) required.
- Good understanding of the target market, the customer behavior and clinical decision drivers to understand and explain technical considerations and trade-offs required.
- Experience working on regulated products and/or the development of regulated products for the US market. Additional experience with IVD product management for Japan and/or EU markets is preferred.
- Experience working directly with key opinion leaders and conducting voice-of-customer research.
- Ability to lead by influence, taking multiple projects through a complex development program are required.
- Experience working in cross-functional product teams.
- Drive and determination.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic.
- Fosters mutual trust, respect and is an excellent team player.
- Meets challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive.
- Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment.
- Able to work effectively in a highly complex matrix environment, with a proven ability to influence without formal authority and achieve results through people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Ability to interact with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the Company.
- Proven problem-solving skills, and comfort in working in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving business needs.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making.
- Strategic thinker that understands the NGS and oncology market landscape and the research to routine clinical continuum, device development, and commercial strategy.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.