Senior Product Manager - Marketplace at Wheel
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:32 a.m. (CST) on Friday, September 17, 2021
Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
Wheel is looking for a Product Manager, Marketplace to build and scale current and future products in the organization. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who’s driven to solve problems and build effective solutions within a rapidly growing, unique organization. This role will work directly with the Head of Product to set the product vision and will work alongside Engineering, Design, Operations, Sales, and Marketing to deliver world-class products for our users. The ideal candidate has healthcare or marketplace experience and is passionate about building great customer-centric products.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Are you a fast learner with a curiosity to make things work better and faster, and unafraid to try new things? Do you have a learning mindset? Do you love creating messaging and value propositions that will draw new customers to the brand? Do you love brainstorming solutions with engineering? If you answered “Yes” to these questions - we want to talk to you!
- Work with the Head of Product to manage the product roadmap, document product strategy, coordinate stakeholder conversations, maintain the feature backlog, and coordinate releases
- Create detailed behavioral specifications and partner with engineering to ensure the delivery of products with predictable timelines
- Develop industry expertise to be able to contextualize the value and positioning of any given opportunity
- Communicate constantly and effectively to align all relevant stakeholders around the product strategy, roadmap, and delivery
- Be the “voice” of our customers and clinicians, evangelizing their needs, wants, and pain points as it relates to their engagement with the Wheel product
- Integrate qualitative and quantitative user feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy and delight users
- Continually gather and analyze data to create a data-driven culture that is biased towards actionable insight
- 6+ years of proven Product Management experience
- 3+ years demonstrated experience with a real-time multi-sided marketplace platform and understanding of marketplace balance principles
- Demonstrated ownership of defining and executing world-class consumer/B2B products in a high-velocity environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions and low-level technical discussions
- Familiarity with user experience and user interface best practices across mobile web and mobile app products
- Experience in managing end to end app release cycles, from the product, design development, UAT, QA, post-release monitoring, analytics, and reporting
- Strong user experience sensibilities and appreciation for minimal interface design
- Deep understanding of analytics, user research, and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- HealthTech experience strongly desired
Wheel continues to maintain its commitment to creating an inclusive and equitable work environment, and believes pay transparency is an important component. We are reviewing our internal policies and practices to ensure this is enabled for all employees, regardless of where they are located. In the meantime, this role can be performed remotely, with the exception of Colorado on a temporary basis. Colorado-based candidates will resume consideration in Q1 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description