Senior Product Manager - Marketplace at Wheel
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:02 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022
Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Best Small Company to Work For, and Best Paying Company. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track record of growth-- and we’re building an amazing team of Wheelies. Come join us! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about our growth.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
Wheel is looking for a Sr. Product Manager, Marketplace to build and scale products in the organization. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who’s driven to solve problems and build effective solutions within a rapidly growing, unique organization. This role will work directly with the Head of Product to set the product vision and will work cross-functionally with Engineering, Design, Operations, Sales, and Marketing to deliver world-class products. The ideal candidate has dynamic, real-time, multi-sided marketplace platforms experience and is passionate about building great customer-centric products.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Are you a fast learner with a curiosity to make things work better and faster, and unafraid to try new things? Do you have a learning mindset? Do you love brainstorming solutions with engineering? If you answered “Yes” to these questions - we want to talk to you!
- Help manage the product roadmap, document product strategy, coordinate stakeholder conversations, maintain the feature backlog, and coordinate releases
- Use data, insights, systems thinking, and stakeholder input to create game-changing, innovative solutions that optimize real-time routing, utilization, balancing, and deliver happiness/quality to the marketplace
- Be the “voice” of our customers and clinicians interact with the dynamic marketplace and deliver solutions that optimize impact and create positive outcomes
- Create detailed behavioral specifications and partner with engineering to ensure the delivery of products with predictable timelines
- Develop industry expertise to be able to contextualize the value and positioning of any given opportunity
- Communicate constantly and effectively to align all relevant stakeholders around the product strategy, roadmap, and delivery
- Integrate qualitative and quantitative user feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy and delight users on all sides of the marketplace
- Continually gather and analyze data to create a data-driven culture that is biased towards actionable insight and create data-driven justification to drive investment for product functionality. Define success metrics, track, and iterate based on pre-determined milestones.
- Develop solutions that improve the frontier of tradeoffs between clinician happiness, pay, and Wheel profit while also setting the right tradeoff levels
- 6+ years of proven Product Management experience
- 4+ years demonstrated experience with dynamic, real-time, multi-sided marketplace platforms
- Deep understanding of marketplace balance principles
- Demonstrated ownership of defining and executing world-class consumer/B2B products in a high-velocity environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions and low-level technical discussions
- Familiarity with user experience and user interface best practices across mobile web and mobile app products
- Experience in managing end to end app release cycles, from product discovery, design, development, UAT, QA, post-release monitoring, analytics, and reporting
- Strong user experience sensibilities and appreciation for minimal interface design
- Deep understanding of analytics, business intelligence, and data warehousing tools, user research, and business cases to drive decisions and improve products. Experience launching A/B tests, and know how to learn and iterate from all tests (winning or not)
- As a bonus, we’d love candidates who have experience writing SQL queries / do their own data analytics
Wheel continues to maintain its commitment to creating an inclusive and equitable work environment, and believes pay transparency is an important component. We are reviewing our internal policies and practices to ensure this is enabled for all employees, regardless of where they are located. In the meantime, this role can be performed remotely, with the exception of Colorado on a temporary basis. Colorado-based candidates will resume consideration in Q1 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description