Senior Product Manager, Multifamily at Vrbo
The Multifamily Product Manager will be responsible for tools related to acquiring and handling urban inventory within the multifamily apartment industry. Product set will target a wide swath of users from property owners, apartment residents, cleaners, supply vendors, operations support personnel, and vacationing travelers. You'll need to understand our various user personas, prioritize feedback from various channels, and work with a cross functional team to develop and execute on a test-and-learn roadmap stretched across multiple software applications. This is a new and growing team, with a rapidly expanding feature set and many opportunities to introduce new ideas, test them, and iterate.What You’ll Do:
- You will contribute to the product vision and planning and help drive the product roadmap.
- Work with internal partners to research requirements.
- Work closely with user experience designers to research, define, and test UI.
- Collaborate daily with the development team to identify and prioritize user stories.
- You will drive a high-velocity testing roadmap to ensure continuous improvement.
- Monitor and investigate customer feedback and customer support metrics
- Lead resolution of urgent technical issues.
- Launch new features in partnering with customer experience and product marketing.
- Understand the market and identity gaps and opportunities to improve the product
- You will collaborate with the business intelligence team to define, track and report on metrics.
- Communicate broadly on decisions, progress, and plans.
- You have 5+ years of product management experience.
- You have experience in data-centric decision-making and the scientific method of observing, hypothesizing and measuring to learn and refine strategy.
- You have a proven record of leading a product line in a global, fast-paced environment.
- You have shown the ability to lead initiatives and drive collaborative decisions with internal and external partners and vendors.
- Experience with online travel and sharing economy preferred.
- BS or BA preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work with distributed teams.
- Willing to travel ~10%
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo:
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.