Senior Product Manager, Platform Services at A Cloud Guru
STRATEGY | DATA | DELIVERY
A Cloud Guru is looking for a tech-savvy Sr. Product Manager to focus on our Identity and Billing platform services teams in order to provide and communicate a cohesive vision of our platform services to the organization and to support the delivery of delightful experiences to consumer and enterprise customers. As a member of our team, you’ll be a part of how we manage users, company accounts, and access. You’ll partner closely with other cross-functional business and technical teams to tackle complex billing, authentication, authorization, and security challenges to build a platform that meets our customers’ needs.
Day-to-day scope will include managing technical & business stakeholders, prioritizing among competing objectives, creating a solid plan of delivery with consensus, and - because of the high-value nature and risk of the domains - driving with a security- and availability-first mindset.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud skills development platform on the planet. We make engaging online training packed with personality and slick presentation for an experience more like firing up Netflix, less like a stuffy classroom. We are 100% grounded in what's right for the customer and the customer experience. That gives us the confidence to be bolder, more playful, and more genuine than other companies. It's all about leaving everything we touch just a little bit more awesome.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity.What makes the Product team awesome...
We hold a high bar for product excellence. We’re always looking for creative ways to go above and beyond ‘good enough.’ From surprise pop ups to funny lines during loading, our product managers and designers know that putting that extra bit of effort makes learning awesome. Located in Australia and the US, our team creates best-in-class products for users all over the globe.
If you're down to earth and enjoy a laugh while also working hard you'll love it here. - Joanna, Avocado to Guac Ratio Guru (and Product Manager)As a Sr. Product Manager at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Develop a deep understanding of ACG’s User needs, Business objectives, and Engineering goals
- Identify big ideas and iterative improvements that move the needle on platform capabilities
- Own and manage the roadmap for your product, launching impactful changes, and delivering against company OKRs
- Communicate business value and technical rationale behind product decisions to a broad cross section of stakeholders
- Maintain a pulse on the efficacy of the products by collaborating with Customer Support, Sales, and GTM teams
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 5+ years in a Product Management role
- Demonstrated success in a technical product management role or as a platform product manager
- Ability to look beyond your ‘product’ and separation from users to drive the comprehensive product vision and user experience
- Experience working with cloud services, AWS experience preferred
- Experience using various forms of data to drive decision making
- Familiarity with best practices for a service driven architecture, building products and services to accelerate internal engineering teams in a global environment
- Ability to formulate and communicate a clear vision of the product & how to measure success
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.