Senior Product Manager - Remote Access
What you’ll do…
As Sr. Product Manager for Remote Access, you will help take Duo’s platform to the next level. You’ll be responsible for expanding Duo’s BeyondCorp zero-trust initiative to our customers’ corporate applications by making it easy for employees to connect to internal resources including workstations and infrastructure across multi-cloud environments in Azure and AWS.
Product Managers play a highly visible role in the company and are critical to the development and execution of Duo’s product strategy. As PMs, we practice what we preach; we validate use cases for problems our customers help us identify; we collaborate on the design of solutions to those problems; we iterate and test those designs, and we do so in an agile framework. We are servants of the organization that meld business and customer context to drive the product forward.
We’re looking for an expert in remote access technologies to scale Duo Beyond for the enterprise, and establish zero-trust coverage of all corporate applications. In this role, you will partner with various stakeholders from engineering, R&D, design, customer success, sales and senior management to execute on your vision and deliver it to customers.
Skills you have…
You have at least 4 - 7 years of product management experience, and…
- BA/BS preferably in the fields of computer science, engineering, design or mathematics.
- A background in network security, and an understanding of the problems IT Administrators face, and the workflows common in that environment, either by direct work experience or by building products IT Administrators use, is a plus.
- Understanding of remote access protocols (VPN, VNC, RDS, SSH, web proxies, VDI, etc).
- Familiar with application layer protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS) and public cloud products and services (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Awareness of the market landscape - Next Generation Firewalls (NG FW), Application Firewalls, Secure Web Gateways, Application Delivery Controllers (ADC), Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You are a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual, with an ability to get stuff done while having a sharp mind and eye for detail.
- You are comfortable operating at the forefront of cybersecurity, working closely with leading technology companies to realize adoption of zero-trust.
- You’re able to simplify complex concepts and communicate them broadly to a wide range of audiences.
This job may not be for you if...
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth phase company makes you uncomfortable, or if you need a lot of well established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you don’t have any familiarity with at least one of the following: SaaS, endpoint management, network operations, IT security, mobile device management, cloud operations, application security, or identity and access management.
- You are not comfortable with communicating with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, on an ongoing basis to keep perspective with customers and share it with your peers!
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the distinct contributions that everyone brings in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.