Senior Product Manager, University Platform at MongoDB
The database market is massive and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!). MongoDB University has helped millions of learners around the world build their knowledge and advance their skills on the fastest growing modern database. MongoDB University team creates great MongoDB learner experiences. We are engineers with a passion for learning and are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help deliver on our mission to empower developers on the MongoDB platform.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will establish a vision and roadmap for the online learning University platform that will improve learner experience and engagement while making it easier for curriculum engineers to author courses on the platform and engage with learners. You will be an advocate for the learner experience on the University platform, and collaborate cross functionally with developers, program managers, designers, marketing, and curriculum team to deliver meaningful outcomes for learners.Responsibilities
- In this highly visible position, you will drive vision, strategy, roadmap and target outcomes for the University platform
- Assess learner, curriculum and business needs as well as market trends, to define product briefs and requirements for the platform, and collaborate with engineering, curriculum engineering and design teams to integrate them into technical roadmaps
- Be the advocate for the MongoDB learner. Work closely with UI/UX designers to ensure an excellent user experience and engagement in the University platform
- Participate in quarterly planning sessions to define initiatives, resolve dependencies and perform data-driven prioritization in a cross functional team
- Evangelize the value and impact of the University learning platform to product engineering teams and business partners by defining, tracking and reporting on metrics
- Keep a pulse on the industry trends for online learning to ensure our platform provides the best learning experience consistently that motivates learner engagement
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Proven success in having owned product vision and strategy, and aligning teams and prioritizing features/resources to deliver an online educational service to market
- An eye for user interaction and comfortable with delving into the platform and the implementation details
- Highly collaborative, with strong communication skills and ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related engineering field, or equivalent experience in a software or technology-related field
- Preferred: direct experience with developing platform and/or education/learning products
- Preferred knowledge of the LMS ecosystem and eLearning API standards
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.