Senior Product Manager, Virtual Tours
Would you like to help travelers experience amazing vacation rentals before they book them? Are you passionate about immersive 3D experiences, including virtual reality? Are you a data-driven product manager with strong technical skills that is passionate about building uncommon user experiences?
Vrbo is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for the next standout product manager to lead Vrbo’s Virtual Tour and Virtual Reality product team.
As a Senior Product Manager for Virtual Tours you will work closely with different teams to define the vision for building and scaling interactive virtual tours across our marketplace. These 3D experiences enable travelers to virtually walk through vacation rentals before they book so they know exactly what the property has to offer. Additionally, you will help set the long-term vision for how customers will use virtual and augmented reality to enhance travel shopping.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, communicate and execute the vision and strategy for immersive virtual tours on the Vrbo platform
- Collaborate daily with the development, design, and data science teams to ensure product requirements are clearly defined and properly phased to deliver maximum user value and product takeaways
- Track the competitive landscape and be a leader with vision for where virtual and mixed reality are heading
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs through collaboration with UX research, data science, and product marketing
- Practice the test and learn methodology and to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate opportunities that will inform the virtual tours roadmap
- Define, track and report on user metrics to measure effectiveness and drive traveler and partner engagement with virtual tours
- Collaborate with product marketing and partner product to establish value proposition and drive adoption of virtual tours with travelers and partners
Who you are:
- 5+ years of consumer software product management experience within an agile software development environment
- Possess analytical reasoning and ability to boil down end user needs into new products/ideas and a relevant technical framework.
- Strongly opinionated about what makes a great user experience for our customers
- Ability to lead large, complex, international projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Proficient in using the scientific method to find opportunities and evaluate solutions to business problems.
- Experience with A/B testing to drive improvement in customer experience and business results
- Ability to prioritize with conviction and communicate decisions effectively.
- High level of initiative and desire to create a premier user experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical background
- Willing to travel up to 10% Internationally
- Experience working on iOS or Android native apps
- Well versed on VR and immersive experiences
- Experience working with data science and using machine learning to analyze and classify data
- Familiarity utilizing SQL and Hadoop for data analysis to aid business decisions
- Travel industry experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Vrbo, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.