Senior Product Manager at Volusion
COVID 19 UPDATE:
We have leaned into the current health crisis with the development of new features like Volusion Curbside. Since March, we have hired more than a dozen new Volusioneers with no signs of slowing down. We are actively interviewing for key roles in order to keep up with our product roadmap goals. During these unprecedented times Volusion continues to provide stability and growth opportunities to our employees and merchants alike.
We are doing our part to flatten the curve so for the time being all interviews will be conducted virtually. As a company ALL employees are currently working remotely.
Volusion powers thousands of ecommerce sites - from fledgling entrepreneurs like local artists selling handmade goods to mid market businesses processing millions of dollars in online sales every year. If you're a creative professional that has a passion for driving change and you want to better the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you!
Are you a perfectionist? Would those that know you best describe you as particular? Do you thrive in an environment of stress and change? Do you wake up every day needing to control your own destiny?
The Senior Product Manager we need thrives in complexity and on solving big challenges with data. If you enjoy complexity and problem solving and don’t want to just talk about issues, but actually get them done, then this may be the perfect role for you. Our ideal candidate will develop customer-driven features and execute against a clear product vision.
- Define and develop customer-driven features: You will be on the front-lines, talking to customers and partners as well as our sales team. The features you define will shape our product now and into the future. They require thought, detail, data, and clear customer-driven thinking.
- Execute against a clear product vision: It’s not enough to come up with a laundry list of features. How do they fit into the vision for our products? How do they connect to form a cohesive user experience? Is there evidence that a new feature fills a need? You’ll work with our product leadership, user experience team, and engineering to shape a clear focused product offering.
- Prioritize and favor delivery over “perfection:” We move fast, and we value an attitude of pragmatism. We aren’t afraid to make mistakes because we respond to them quickly, correct them, and learn. While we never want to be chaotic, skip analysis, or rush, we do value an attitude that values getting features to market and learning over the “perfect” feature brief or user interface. (We don’t believe there’s any such thing!)
- Work and coordinate across teams and departments: Product works hand in hand with user experience, engineering, our PMO, and our CTO. You will engage with and often coordinate across these departments to drive features through to creation and deployment. We don’t throw things over the wall here, but stay involved.
- Measure and define success based on data: We value intuition, but data rules. You should back up your gut with data, and we measure success through metrics: conversions, feature usage, adoption, and more. You should be eager to develop metrics and measure yourself and your success against those metrics.
We are looking for someone with:
- 7+ years of product manager experience, including regular customer interaction
- 3+ years working with products in a technical industry, ideally web-based software
- A portfolio of features you developed (or helped develop) that you can speak to with regard to motivation, market analysis, and measures of success
- Demonstrable hands-on experience building wireframes, user workflows, roughing out feature interfaces, and writing feature definitions or briefs
- E-Commerce or SaaS experience a major plus!
- A bachelor degree in a business or communications field or equivalent. We love great communicators that are technical and love products, no matter how they got their experience.
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- Collaborative: We favor teamwork and take ownership.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress
- Breakfast taco and beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Tiny House Nitro Coffee, Bevi sparkling water, fruit and snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Adjustable desks
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outing