Senior Product Manager
As an AlertMedia Sr. Product Manager you will have a primary role in setting the vision for our products while also being playing an integral part in the day-to-day activities to make the vision a reality. We’re not just saying that, it’s absolutely the truth. You’ll be joining a Product team that is represented at the highest levels of management and runs as a ‘flat’ organization, where every team member contributes strategically and tactically.
Every day you’ll employ your ability to move smoothly between cross-functional teams, inspiring, learning and leading. Time with customers will be one of your best sources of improvements and new feature ideas. Best of all, you’ll be part of AlertMedia’s amazing culture and an important contributor to AlertMedia’s rapid growth.
Who you are: You are passionate about delivering an impactful, meaningful product and do not shy away from both the strategic and the "in the trenches" tactical work. You can effectively speak to how you owned taking a product or product feature from inception to launch and pride yourself on being a great relationship builder and communicator across the organization whether working with an engineer or delivering a sales training.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the mass notification industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations keep their people safe, informed, and connected. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching, and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Act as a product evangelist both inside and outside the company
- Participate in the definition and sharing of a product vision based on input from internal/external stakeholders, financial goals, industry trends, etc.
- Lead and participate in the development, approval and ongoing management of a product roadmap that creates a path to achieving the product vision
- Define, maintain and execute product development methodology
- Manage the product lifecycle from ideation to retirement
- Lead and participate in the definition of new features
- Maintain the product backlog, including scrubbing, prioritization, and grooming
- Ensure smooth handoff of product requirements to the Engineering team
- Establish and execute feature launch plans as needed
- Ensure that ‘dependent’ teams, like Customer Success and Sales, are well-equipped to perform their jobs
- Inspire and drive activity cross-functionally through information sharing, persuasion and mutual respect
- Work directly with customers to improve the relationship, provide guidance, and gather information
- Provide executive briefings on product status, planning, roadmap as needed
- Minimum of 3 years Product Management experience
- Experience in a startup environment with cross-functional responsibilities
- B2B experience working with small to large customers
- Operates in an ego-less manner while still being a strong leader
- The ability to establish and grow relationships both inside and outside the company
- Energetic, empathic and earnest
- Strategically focused and tactically excellent
- Refuses to give up when the path isn’t clear
- Consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- A creative thinker that considers problems and opportunities from every angle
- Ability to lead cross functional teams without formal authority.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to be an individual contributor as well as a leader
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Ownership of web portal/applications and mobile applications
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Stock options – be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits – medical, dental, vision, and life insurance 100% paid for employees
- Company-wide bonus program based on collective success
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.