Senior Product Manager - Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com
Amherst is looking for a Product Manager to serve as a key member of the Product Team to ensure customer and business expectations are satisfied while identifying innovative opportunities to stay ahead of the curve. This role will work closely with the Business Stakeholders and Tech team (Product + UI/UX + Engineering + Data) to identify and fill product gaps, uncover new product opportunities, and become an expert in the rapidly growing real estate vertical.
Who You Are
- A Real Pro. From concept to delivery, rolling out new and innovative products is your thing!
- Intellectually Curious. You are a detective, with a keen interest in solving both business problems and continuously looking to self-improve professionally. You strive for best practices and explore trends/experiments to improve the status quo.
- A Creative Problem Solver. You have a propensity to think strategically, logically and outside the box to solve problems for the business and customer.
- Resilient. You are open to objective feedback and view mistakes as a learning mechanism.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
- Meticulous. You are highly structured, disciplined and take pride in your work.
- Knowledgeable. You understand the scrum and agile rituals and leverage best of breed software to help manage the end-to-end process efficiently
- Team Player. You put team success first and have a high degree of personal character
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify product needs and define a product roadmap that enables highly efficient operation and also delivers an exceptional experience to the customer
- Help define and prioritize the product roadmap based on business/customer ROI by identifying gaps, optimizing the current product features and uncovering new opportunities through user testing, A/B testing, market research, and customer feedback
- Hyper-focused on ideation, discovery, and execution to build the right things and with speed
- You collect continuous feedback and measure to help evolve the product
- Leverage agile sprint best practices to deliver a high-quality product through a systematic product-development lifecycle
- Work cross-functionally between internal stakeholders to provide the product vision while ensuring business objectives are prioritized and met
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 7+ years of experience in a role responsible for managing others around tight deadlines, gathering requirements and distilling overarching objectives into user stories
- Ability to effectively balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with the agile process and experience with product management tools such as Trello, Invision, Jira, Github, and Confluence are a plus
- Ability to analyze business and/or technical problems to guide software development
- Detail-oriented and self-sufficient
- Strong analytical, problem solving and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, innovative, and exploratory skills and mindset
- A proactive, flexible, and hungry to learn type attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
- Bonus Skills - experience in the real estate, building consumer web/mobile apps and CRM experience
What We Offer:
Amherst’s WeWork office is located on Barton Springs Rd. near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of Lady Bird Lake.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Stellar colleagues with proven track records
- Parking pass provided (parking located in the Palmer Events Center across the street)
- Free sodas, kombucha, cold brew, and snacks
- Monthly lunch stipends and breakfast tacos on Thursdays!
- Monthly/Weekly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.