Senior Product Manager at WP Engine
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
We are seeking a technical Senior Product Manager to join the Product Development Team! Do you have hands-on experience in defining and building front-end interfaces for SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS platforms and/or experience building enterprise applications? In this role, you will have the autonomy and support to define the application which our customers rely on every day to manage their products and services here at WP Engine. As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for guiding discovery and research initiatives to identify impactful and effortless solutions for existing and new cloud offerings. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the commitment to make that vision a reality.What's cool about this job.
In this role, you will help define new and exciting ways to delight our customers through our customer-facing dashboard. You will work to design effortless, resilient, fast, secure, and cost-efficient solutions which deliver measurable customer value. With your expertise, you will drive continuous advancements and improvements through our product strategy, business proposition and technical direction. You will help us seek and implement new ways to deliver a comprehensive managed WordPress platform to customers, while improving the reliability, scalability, and performance of our Platform.The day to day.
- Lead and mentor fellow Product Managers and Product Owners.
- Obsess over our customers!
- Develop a product strategy around our customer-facing dashboard and translate it into creative, high quality, features and initiatives.
- Partner with other cross-functional leaders to set prices and focus our investments in the right areas.
- Work closely with the engineering teams to design, schedule and deliver in an agile environment.
- Build solutions which reduce workload for our Customer Experience (CX) organization, while enabling customers with valuable self-service capabilities.
- Lead Program Management and Scrum teams towards the right priorities. Set clear expectations on projects, product launches and coordinated release plans.
- Groom and prioritize your product backlog effectively by leading negotiation and trade-off discussions with key partners.
- Leverage data to develop high-quality insights into our customer's user experience
- Hold an uncanny ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external partners.
- Write excellent user-stories, with thoughtful acceptance criteria, that can be translated into engineering features.
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent experience in a field with a strong emphasis on technology (Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Analytics, Mathematics and/or Business).
- 5+ years of experience in the technology industry in engineering and/or Product Management teams.
- Deep understanding of software development platforms, web platforms, databases and/or software-defined infrastructure.
- Understanding of how developers and engineers monitor their systems, servers, databases, logs, events, metrics, and applications.
- Validated results of influencing partners in a highly-matrix cross-functional organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in software implementation life-cycle (Agile, Iterative and Incremental, Waterfall etc.)
- Successfully launched and were responsible for the product lifecycle across many products.
- Require minimal direction.
- Basic excel or SQL operations and analysis with large-scale datasets.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to communicate software product features, technical designs, and product strategy effectively to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience taking a leading role in building high-availability software systems
- High attention to detail and experience leading multiple, contending priorities simultaneously.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to push things over the finish line!
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.