Senior Product Manager
What We Do
Verb is an online leadership development platform that delivers whole person development via experiential learning. Our content framework combines traditional business skills with modern topics, like Self-Awareness, Servant Leadership, Unconscious Bias, Empathy, and Growth Mindset. Our experiential learning platform integrates microlearning, peer learning, mentorship, feedback and assessments.
What You’ll Do
- Be an expert on the Verb platform by maintaining a deep understanding of the product’s technical complexities, data analytics, user feedback, design, and market strategy.
- Assess product viability and market fit by measuring the Verb platform against its competitors in the learning and development space.
- Define, track, and influence KPI’s and success metrics for the product.
- Solve complicated problems and value the struggle of learning.
- Write user stories, plan sprints, attend daily standups, and lead sprint ceremonies.
- Collaborate with the Verb engineering and design teams to determine product requirements and scopes of work.
- Triage daily with engineering to prioritize work and identify bugs before they reach our customers.
- Support the Verb content, sales, CX, and marketing teams by working cross-functionally to drive product strategy and ensure that the Verb product meets business needs and keeps users engaged.
- Motivate product and engineering team members by fostering team culture.
- Set a course by prioritizing work, setting effective goals, and delivering work consistently.
- Own and take responsibility for the work the team produces.
What You’ll Bring to Verb
- A minimum five years of product management experience in an Agile environment at a B2B organization
- Experience with user research, drawing actionable insights from data, and engaging directly with end users
- Experience planning, managing, and executing large, long-term projects
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate information at multiple levels of complexity to diverse audiences and in a wide range of environments
- Skilled at building relationships and being personally persuasive with and giving meaningful feedback to peers and company leaders
- Readiness to take initiative, self-motivate, and be adaptable
What Will Set You Apart
- Deep knowledge of Agile methodology, and how Agile principles can add business value and develop high-performing teams
- Experience writing content, creating visual designs, or collaborating on product design
- Experience using wireframing tools like Sketch or InVision to create prototypes for user testing
- Technical understanding of the architecture of web applications
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in graphic design, computer science, business, or another related field
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible work from home policy; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself. At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.