Senior Product Manager
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world's best brands create customers for life. We build products we're proud of, and we're passionate about customer success. As a Senior Product Manager for our Marketing platform, you'll have the ability to deliver innovative solutions used by millions of people every day, working hand-in-hand with companies like Lego, Vanguard, and many others. Our goal is to help our customers simplify their complex social marketing operation to build and protect their brands.
The Senior Product Manager has a multi-faceted role across many internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Product Manager will interface with our end users, internal stakeholders, and user experience designers to understand, develop, and prioritize product needs and requirements. He or she will collaborate with product marketing resources (and potentially with business partners) on competitive analyses, go-to-market strategies, planning, and execution. He or she will develop key product strategies and participate with agile scrum teams writing and prioritizing user stories based on the needs of our customers, partners, and other product teams working across the product portfolio. One of the most important aspects of the job is to develop and drive priorities for our feature development based on business value to the marketplace and revenue for Khoros. This includes improving customer retention, increasing the profitability of existing products, and developing new and innovative products for the company. You will help define products based on existing ideas, and you'll help develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with the market. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
● Consult with internal and external customers and partners to identify revenue potential, business needs and requirements for the product features and user stories
● Manage the product backlog and work with stakeholders to lead product discovery and design, help identify and describe requirements, and align the team's backlog to the longer term roadmap
● Engage in bug triaging, product planning, visioning, road mapping, and release planning
● Manage customers and partners, users and other stakeholders to clarify and document scope, requirements, and deliverables for suggestions coming into the backlog
● Work with Architects and Engineers to develop the long term technical strategy
● Collaborate with delivery team and Scrum Master to perform release and sprint planning, execution, retrospectives and present at sprint reviews
● Effectively present product ideas, strategies, designs, and go-to-market plans to small and large groups and to senior executives
● Contribute to cost/benefit and ROI analyses for product planning with other product owners and management stakeholders
● Contribute to documentation for release notes, training manuals, and other departmental administration
● Perform demonstrations of the product for customers, sales staff, and internal team members
● At least 3 years in a product management or business analyst role delivering successful, profitable consumer oriented web products. SaaS experience is required
● Entrepreneurial and creative, with excellent ability to help define and understand what drives an applications strategy, as well as an understanding of how thriving online communities work
● Proven ability to partner with developers to deliver releases to the market in a timely, agile manner. Team player with a track record of building strong, cross functional working relationships and focused on team performance, rather than individual success
● Technical aptitude and exposure to modern web application design, architecture, distributed systems, and devops with massive scale & data volumes
● Empathetic; a passion for the customer and exceptional user experience
● Experience working with governance and compliance, enterprise administration, content marketing, social media (including social media management systems), social marketing programs is a plus
● Able to truly embrace and embody the Khoros Values: We earn trust through our actions and attitudes, We win and grow as one team, and We listen, learn, and lead to help our customers succeed.
● BS/BA or higher, preferably in a design and/or technical discipline or with extensive exposure to technical curricula. Successful candidates are likely to have a degree in business, user experience design, computer science, or a related discipline