Senior Product Manager
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable has had great success building a strong brand that our students trust and recognize. Ultimately this role is responsible for extending the relationship with our students by ideating, testing, and ultimately developing new product offerings that increase the overall retention and lifetime value (LTV) of our customers.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. Aceable fosters a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT TEAM
You are joining a product management team that lives our core values, is ego-free and team first, obsesses about our users and asking why, loves to nerd out on all things product, and enjoys a good bowl of ramen. The product management team is currently broken out into three core areas of responsibility: Driving, Real Estate, and our Learning Experience platform.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform user and market research in order to deeply understand and identify the derivative and/or future needs of our students
- Construct and articulate business cases for new product initiatives effectively in order to convince stakeholders of the priority, importance, and impact
- Ideate, collaborate, evangelize, and ultimately own our LTV product roadmap that extends the value we provide to our students
- Work with key stakeholders across the product development lifecycle to deliver and execute our LTV product roadmap
- Work with marketing and business development teams to evaluate and test the capabilities and offerings of 3rd party services as either candidates for tangential product offerings or integration into our core product offerings
- Own overall customer satisfaction of our LTV product(s) by identifying, measuring, and ultimately utilizing core customer health metrics as a key input to improving the overall experience
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Ability to work successfully in a manner that aligns with our company values
- Strong user curiosity and empathy and the ability to translate customer research in order to identify the deeper user pain point (i.e. JTBD)
- Ability to use market research and data to make disciplined, yet agile, product and strategic decisions
- Demonstrated success and aptitude working early in the product development lifecycle (i.e. from concept to launch)
- Experience working directly with engineering teams in an agile environment to see product roadmaps implemented and adjusted over time
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate complex business issues into clear goals that can be measured and improved upon
- Ability to effectively influence and inspire others, particularly in cross-functional teams
- Superb analytics skills with a data-driven, test-first mentality
- Experience building consumer-focused, software products (bonus if mobile)
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Beer and wine onsite
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.