Senior Product Manager at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is looking for a Senior Product Manager to serve as our consumer-facing Retail Business Partner (Buy / Sell / Lease to consumers) and a senior member of the Product organization within Technology, leading the ideation and evolution of our Bungalo, and other customer-facing, mobile, and web applications, own the product roadmaps and provide actionable user stories that will enhance the capabilities and grow our Retail business.
Who you are:
- A Real Pro. From concept to delivery, testing out new hypotheses and rolling out new and innovative products is your thing!
- Intellectually Curious. You are a scientist, with a keen interest in solving both business problems and continuously looking to self-improve professionally. You strive for best practices and explore trends/experiments to improve the status quo.
- A Creative Problem Solver. You have a propensity to think strategically, logically and outside the box to solve problems for the business and customer.
- Resilient. You are open to objective feedback and view mistakes as a learning mechanism.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid to make a high fidelity commitment to deliver
- Meticulous. You are highly structured, disciplined, and take pride in your work.
- Knowledgeable. You understand the scrum and agile rituals and leverage best of breed software to help manage the end-to-end process efficiently
- Team Player. You put team success first and have a high degree of personal character
What you'll do:
- You collect continuous customer feedback and place an emphasis on testing and measuring performance to validate the efficacy and impact of new product features
- Work with a cross-functional squad including a dedicated designer, developers, and senior sales & marketing resources to identify and validate the product evolution and vision
- Work closely with our UI/UX designer and marketing to understand user groups and define product user journeys and experience
- Identify product needs and define a product roadmap that enables highly efficient operation and also delivers an exceptional experience to the customer · Help define and prioritize the product roadmap based on business/customer ROI by identifying gaps, optimizing the current product features and uncovering new opportunities through user testing, A/B testing, market research, and customer feedback
- Hyper-focused on ideation, validation, and execution to build the right things and with speed
- Leverage agile sprint best practices to deliver a high-quality product through a systematic product-development lifecycle
- Work cross-functionally between internal stakeholders to provide the product vision while ensuring business objectives are prioritized and met
What you'll bring:
- 7+ years of experience in a role responsible for managing others defining user journeys and leading product development
- Consumer-facing application experience
- Ability to effectively balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with the agile process and experience with product management tools such as Sketch, Figma, Jira, Github, and Confluence is a plus
- Ability to analyze business and/or technical problems to guide software development
- Detail-oriented and self-sufficient
- Strong analytical, problem solving and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, innovative, and exploratory skills and mindset
- A proactive, flexible, and hungry to learn type attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
- Bonus Skills - experience in the real estate, building consumer web/mobile apps and CRM experience
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.