Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity.
Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.Our Culture
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!Senior Product Manager
As a Senior Product Manager at Shipwell you will be a strong customer-focused innovator looking for an opportunity to automate and simplify a highly fragmented and antiquated industry. In this role, you will gain an intimate knowledge of our shipper, 3PL/broker, and carrier customers and their processes. You will assess their needs and provide opportunities and solutions to them by incorporating relevant features into our platform, APIs, and automation pipelines. You will own the “whole product” - running backlogs, building requirements and taking features from ideation to release. As a Senior Product Manager you direct product development and ensure high return on investment (ROI.) You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver. If you’re also confident and have a knack for knowing what ideas will and won’t work, we’d like to meet you. As a senior Product Manager, you will work with a squad of engineers, designers, data scientists, and architects to ensure the delivery and deployment of product initiatives with a keen eye on iteration and improvement.What you'll do when you get here:
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Work closely with customers, stakeholders, design, and engineering teams to build prototypes, get feedback, and refine requirements and user stories
- Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation
- Work with sales and marketing to build programs and playbooks to connect with our target market
- Collaborate with customer success teams to find creative solutions that delight customers
- 5+ years proven experience as a Sr. Product Manager or similar role
- Candidates with experience operating in transportation/logistics/supply chain ecosystems preferred
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Background in software development and program management is preferred
- Track record of successfully building complex software products with a wide range of users’ technical abilities
- Familiarity with Agile and Pragmatic Marketing framework
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.