DISCO is a legal tech software company. Our objective is to own the legal tech market and transform our industry the way Salesforce has transformed sales technology.
Our mission includes building a unified technology platform for the practice of law, composed of 7+ products released over the next 10 years. We believe great technology can solve problems of scale in data, in laws, and in business operations that have distracted lawyers from doing what they went to law school to do. DISCO is fixing the law by automating the parts of the practice that can be automated so that great lawyers can focus on tasks that really do require human legal judgment.
We have disrupted the legal tech market with a lawyer inspired consumer-grade interface and a cloud-enabled technology platform that offers unprecedented performance and cost savings. Thoughtful product planning and product design are core tenets in our “product first” business strategy and culture.Your Impact
As a Senior Product Manager, you will know your product better than anybody. You will organize and manage all of the feature requests related to your area and represent them as a member of the DISCO Product Steering Committee.
Just as importantly, you will work intimately with DISCO’s customers, our brilliant design team, and client facing functions to develop the most magical, consumer-grade product and client experience that the legal technology market has ever seen. You will transform user problems into specific user stories so that engineers can unambiguously build the perfect product to support our notion that every line of code will generate new revenue.What You’ll Do
- Work closely with a team of engineers and designers, executing on the delivery of crucial features and initiatives.
- Talk to customers, attend your team stand-ups, train internal teams, and give demos of your product.
- As a member of the Product Steering Committee, you will own a product backlog and align with executives on roadmap planning and prioritization.
- Iterate on designs with lawyers (clients) and UX designers until you’ve arrived at a magical solution that customers will pay money for. Dates do not drive our delivery schedule; achieving valuable, beautiful software informs when we are finished.
- Write clear and concise user stories and acceptance criteria, perform UATs, determine scope of feature sets, and coordinate build schedules with engineering teams.
- Own the successful rollout of new products and key features, including gathering feedback from early customers to validate the value of new releases.
- Strategy and delivery for improving (our market leading) customer satisfaction and net promoter score.
- Ensuring DISCO is the most responsive legal tech company when it comes to customer needs and pain points.
- A visual search language, drillable AI-produced topic clusters and search suggestion engines, and visualized human communication network computed by AI.
- Synthesize and simplify complex workflows, often involving hundreds of lawyers collaborating on the millions of documents.
- Deliver enterprise-wide analytics that informs legal strategies and ongoing data management policies.
- 6+ years of product management experience with software products.
- Naturally curious and committed to understanding user problems in the deep and interesting legal domain. However, you do not need to have any legal domain experience -- we have plenty of subject matter experts on staff that work closely with our product team.
- A deep experience conceiving, building, and shipping successful software products and features in an “agile-ish” development organization.
- The ability to think big and small. You are comfortable discussing strategy and long term vision with executives, but also able to dive into the details designing a particular interaction.
- Strong written and verbal communication at every level - to users, within the company, within your team.
- The ability to diagram user-to-object interaction models in order to understand user workflow and prioritize pain points.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Used tools like JIRA and Confluence to document requirements and track dependencies.
- A background in engineering, client success, or new product development. We’ve seen great Product Managers from a variety of backgrounds that know how to build great software.
We intend to build a multi-billion dollar business and think you should come along for the ride because:
- We were the first movers to a cloud-based platform that has caused mass disruption within our market.
- Our CEO is a true market visionary. He graduated with a computer science degree at the age of 15 and followed with a JD from Harvard Law School at the age of 19. His unparalleled insights into the fundamental issues in legal and the potential of technology and artificial intelligence to change our market at its core provide the guiding light for DISCO’s long-term strategy.
- We believe that product delivery professionals including product managers, product designers and engineers differ from one another by at least a factor of 10. At DISCO, we only hire the top 1%, pay them well, and with equity, everyone has effectively been getting a raise each and every day. Given our product first mindset, product professionals are very much stars of the show. Our logo, the circle and square, represents the best lawyers and the best product professionals in the world.
- We measure product delivery velocity by dollars of revenue per line of code, vs simply lines of code. This drives a very thoughtful and deliberate product design and development process that ensures we’re going to make money when we ship products. We hire many more product managers and designers per engineer than most companies to ensure that our engineers have a disambiguated product intent when they are building.
- As a rule, we don’t commit to external product delivery dates as we believe that unnecessarily constrains our creativity from both a product and technology point of view.
- At DISCO respect isn’t earned at DISCO it is assumed. Good humans inherently treat everyone respectfully. This is a very important concept at DISCO.
- Given the high caliber of talent, the cutting-edge cloud-based technology stack, and thoughtful and novel product and design approach, you’ll find yourself learning at a rate you’ve not likely experienced in your career. Given that we only hire professionals that are passionate about their craft, you’ll truly enjoy building a great software product and get in the best “career shape” of your life.
- Over the next 4 years, we’ll be growing our product delivery organization. There will be incredible growth opportunities along the way.
- We use the “2 Pizza Team” organization design where small autonomous teams own a piece of a product or platform and ship software at rates comparable to a very lean and scrappy startup. We achieve consistency across these teams in the areas of design, product-wide use cases and technical concerns through a strategically focused set of overlay functions.
- Finally, while we’re an incredibly fast-growing organization, as a rule, we do not work crazy long hours. We believe in continuous product delivery, continuous product planning and design, continuous regular sleep schedules, continuous regular vacation, and continuous fun if you’re passionate about your craft.
If you want to win while getting better than you’ve ever been, come to DISCO.About DISCO
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO has raised more than $135 million in venture capital and is using this investment to apply our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform the practice of law. We have an office in London and continue to expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day, as well as free snacks and beverages*
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
*when we return to the office, post-COVID19
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.