Coder is looking for our first external Senior Product Manager hire. We want someone who can do a little bit of everything. We understand that you probably won’t know how to do all of these things at the start, but if you can do some of them well and are eager to master the rest, talk to us. You’ll talk to customers, sit in on sales calls, define roadmaps, specify stories, and prioritize work to maximize business value in a nascent and exploding market. As our first external hire into Product, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the culture of product management at Coder as well as the product.
You should also want to get everything just right in a complex and powerful enterprise application but also be able to say “good enough” and ship.
We would like you to have:
- 5+ years as a product manager
- Some prior professional experience as a software engineer or systems administrator OR
- Previous experience building developer tools
- The ability to interface with enterprise customers, marketing, sales, and support as well as engineering
- And, of course, the interest and ability to work in an ambitious startup that has yet to nail product/market fit
Skills and experience that would be an added bonus are:
- Competitive analysis
- Customer and market research
- Defining a strategy and vision
- Previous experience in enterprise software
- Previous experience in highly technical tools products
- 30min Introductory call with Talent Recruiter, Camilla Lever
- 60min with Head of Marketing, Ashley McClelland
- 30min with VP of Customer Success, Zach McNelis
- 30min with Head of Product, Nathan Potter
- 60 min with VP of Engineering, Ketan Gangatirkar
- Take home assignment (we will compensate an Amazon gift card for this)
- 60min call with team above
- 30min close out call with our CEO and Co-Founder, Ammar Bandukwala
Coder is building the future of software engineering. Almost every software application has moved to the cloud to take advantage of more resources, faster updates, and portability across devices, but the tools we use to build those applications are still stuck in the boxes under your desk or on your lap. Coder aims to change all that.
With Coder, you can use the same development workspace from a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone. You have consistent and predictable environments, so there’s no more “it works on my machine” because it works on every machine. You can take advantage of powerful cloud servers, so you no longer have to choose between a powerful but immobile desktop or a portable but less capable laptop. You spend less time waiting and tearing your hair out and more time writing and shipping your software.
Coder has raised major backing from high-quality investors. We have amazing interest from prospective customers. The product we’re building has the potential to be used by everyone doing software development all around the world.
We are looking for excellent builders who are excited about the startup experience, passionate about productivity and flow, and eager to take on new challenges and grow with few limits. We want to build a product and a company to last. Part of our culture is a warm, friendly, and supportive environment.
Coder is headquartered in sunny and lively Austin, Texas, but we work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. We provide superb benefits so that you can stay in flow with your focus on your work without worries.
We believe that the interview process should be consistent and enjoyable. We prefer to have the entire process take no more than 3 full weeks. During these 3 weeks you will be able to meet a mix of individual contributors, managers, and one of our Co-Founders. If you interview for a position that requires a take home assessment, we will compensate you for your work and time spent.
We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description