Senior Product Manager at Realtor.com
As Realtor.com Sr Product Manager - Rental Content, you’ll ensure that we paint the richest possible picture for what it would be like to live in a home and neighborhood. This includes initiatives such as adding additional rental listing content, improving the accuracy and freshness of existing listings, expanding attribute coverage, and augmenting current rental listing content with other rich data sources. We are seeking a product leader who will help us build, communicate, and drive a holistic rental content strategy to build the richest, deepest understanding of the home online. You will work closely with other product leaders to understand broader consumer strategies, help identify opportunities to bring these strategies to life, and promote a unified roadmap aligned to rental business unit objectives. You will lean in and understand how robust, timely, and accurate content will add significant value to our consumer experience. You will be comfortable with concepts ranging from data platform, data aggregation to business strategy and working with a wide range of partners and customers. You excel in leading cross-functional efforts where multiple diverse roadmaps are coalesced into one.
What will you do?
- Build a holistic, cross-functional rental content strategy that drives audience growth and engagement
- Work with consumer centric and backend rental teams to understand their strategies and propose/respond with content requirements
- Evaluate speed, accuracy, coverage, performance and value of data we receive and how it contributes to our overall offering
- Partner with 3rd party content team to identify and assess additional content partners and data sets
- Partner with Account Management to identify and assess potential listing content partners and data sets that may be of value to our consumers
- Build a deep understanding of MLSs, tools, technology and customer pain points
- Drive a culture of consumer centric thinking and prioritization that aligns to company OKRs
- Maintain a clear value-driven product roadmap and evangelize the product strategy and vision it drives
- Drive a culture of accountability as well as the ability to respond to change
- Build strong cross-functional relationships to ensure whole team success
- Leverage qualitative research and quantitative data to identify product opportunities and problems
- Evangelize a data driven DNA throughout the entire organization
What will you bring?
- BS or MS in computer science, business, or related field
- 7+ years of overall professional tech-related experience
- 4+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of B2C experience
- Demonstrated experience identifying product opportunities and problems via quantitative data and qualitative research
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-driven narrative
- Enjoy adapting to feedback from both users and internal stakeholders, building stronger product capabilities as a result
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to bring many parties and perspectives together, forge a vision and drive towards common goals
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, marketers and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Prior experience leading data or platform centric engineering teams highly desired
Nice to Haves:
- Consumer search experience
- Experience with 3rd party data partnership integrations
- Passion for or detailed understanding of proptech, fintech, real estate investing, property management, landlording, or real estate industries
This is a full-time position that we prefer to be based in any one of NewsCorp's office locations (Chicago, NY, Santa Clara, LA, Austin, etc). Fully remote/virtual will be considered for the right candidate.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.