Senior Product Manager at Self Financial
Sr Product Manager -
Self is adding a Revenue Growth Senior Product Manager to our team. In this role you will lead a cross functional product team to help our customers take advantage of their improved credit scores and gain access to additional products that will continue to improve their financial health. You will own and drive this strategy and lead the ideation, development, and launch of innovative experiments to drive revenue growth.
Who We Are
Self is a FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by helping people build credit and build savings. Self is helping millions of people begin their financial journey with a Credit Builder Account. We understand that building a financial foundation is a daunting task for most people, so we're dedicated to building a product that will help our customers move two steps in the right direction.
We believe strongly that a customer's success is tied to a variety of factors beyond just a financial product. We treat our customers the way we would like to be treated — and we're striving for a fanatical customer experience through honesty, great technology, and a great team.
Who You Are
You have strong empathy for users and a drive to discover and resolve their pain points. You use that customer discovery to shape the product direction.You thrive in a fast paced, fast growing start up environment. You understand the importance of collaborating with other teams but are also able to act quickly as the decision-maker when required. You have a passion for our mission of helping people to build credit and save money.
What You Will Do
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products/experiments. Focus is on improving ARPU.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data on user behavior and experimentation (e.g. a/b testing, survey data, usability studies)
- Rapidly iterate on the product offering using customer feedback
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research to identify product opportunities and prioritize your roadmap
- Partner with marketing, compliance, engineering, design, analytics and operations teams to build software collaboratively and inclusively
What you Bring
- 3+ years experience as a product manager, with prior experience in Fintech, Growth or Marketplaces
- Experience designing intuitive mobile user interfaces and executing product plans with a well-defined process
- Experience conducting user research to educate product design
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Benefits and Perks:
- Stock options
- Quarterly bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free Gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team happy hours and events
- Remote work arrangements/ Flexible work schedule
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend
More About Self
Self Financial, Inc. empowers consumers to establish and build a credit history. We are a venture-backed, FinTech startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 108 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.