Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Who You Are
You have strong empathy for users, a drive to discover and resolve their pain points and use quantitative and qualitative data to guide your hypotheses. You use that customer discovery to shape the product direction. You thrive in a fast paced, fast growing start up environment. You understand the importance of collaborating with other teams and are able to act quickly as the decision-maker when required. You have a passion for our mission of helping people to build credit and save money.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to the growth, profitability, and regulatory compliance for your products. Working with business stakeholders this role will closely monitor KPIs and P&L for products.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to a short term and long term product roadmap.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data on customer behavior and experimentation to prioritize your roadmap (e.g. a/b testing, survey data, usability studies)
- Leading execution with the engineering team to prioritize competing tactical and strategic items into a backlog
- Author requirements and feature documentation and manage the day-to-day ceremonies, from planning to sprints to stand ups and retros, to execute against your roadmap
- Partner with risk, compliance, marketing, engineering, design, analytics and operations teams to build software collaboratively and inclusively
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities
- Evaluate competitive landscape and stay informed of latest trends in Fintech and consumer Apps in general
What you Bring
- 5+ years experience as a product manager, with prior experience in Fintech required
- Experience designing intuitive mobile user interfaces and executing product plans with a well-defined process
- Experience conducting user research to educate product design
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Privacy Notice is for applicants who reside in California. We adopt this notice to
comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other
California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning
when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of
being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a
particular consumer or device (“personal information”).
last twelve (12) months:
Identifiers. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal
identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email
address, account name, Social Security number, driver's
license number, passport number, or other similar
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical
characteristics or description, address, telephone number,
passport number, driver's license or state identification
card number, insurance policy number, education,
employment, employment history, bank account number,
credit card number, debit card number, or any other
financial information, medical information, or health
insurance information. Some personal information
included in this category may overlap with other
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national
origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status,
medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex
(including gender, gender identity, gender expression,
pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic
information (including familial genetic information).
Internet or other similar network
Browsing history, search history, information on a
consumer's interaction with a website, application, or
Professional or employment-
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Use of Personal Information
following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, please do not hesitate to