Are you a product marketing professional proven in building engaging programs and content that engages developers? We are looking to add a senior member to our Developer Experience team, working in the fastest growing data platform company on the planet.
Revenue from the database market is forecast to grow from $68bn in 2020 to $106bn in 2024, making it one of the tech industry’s largest software segments. MongoDB is well positioned to capitalize on this growth. We were the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years, and our cloud business is growing at 50%+ annually.
You will play a key role in an energetic and globally distributed team that reports to the Director of Developer Experience Product Marketing. In the role, you will be responsible for creating compelling thought leadership themes, messages, and GTM programs that position the value of MongoDB’s API and drivers to developers and technical decision makers.
You’ll work closely with the executive team to help shape our developer experience vision, and with Product Management and Engineering to inform the product roadmap.Responsibilities
- Research and Develop – For each developer community, analyze MongoDB traction and identify key influencers. You should build an understanding of developer requirements and the tools they use so that you can shape the MongoDB proposition, along with gaps in current content and offerings. You will infuse this analysis into product messaging, positioning, and GTM plans, translating our driver and API capabilities into unique and meaningful benefits and values that resonate with developers
- Content Creation – Exhibiting thought leadership and storytelling is a key part of the role, especially in communicating how the products’ capabilities can help developers build and evolve applications faster. Create product messaging, write blogs and white papers, collaborate with Design on illustrations,videos, and more
- Plan and Execute – Alongside our Developer Advocacy, Marketing, Product, and Sales Enablement teams, you will create the strategic and tactical GTM plan that communicates the value of MongoDB in enabling developer productivity. You will build and launch creative campaigns across the full funnel: driving awareness of MongoDB API and drivers, helping developers get started, scale, and make their app successful, enabling follow-on adoption of additional features and products across the MongoDB platform, and converting users into MongoDB evangelists within their community
- Evangelize – Engage directly with developers in the community and to support sales cycles. Drive awareness and desire of MongoDB by presenting at industry conferences, and assuming the role of spokesperson to the press and analyst community
- Define – Share market and user analysis with our Product Management, Engineering, and Executive leadership teams to help inform product strategy and roadmap
- ROI – Critically evaluate the ROI of product marketing activities, share results, and develop plans for continuous improvement
- Company revenue performance against goals
- Developer adoption within targeted language communities
- Content effectiveness (sales adoption and win/loss metrics, SEO authority, product registrations and downloads, tracking usage metrics for driver and API features, and favorable placement in independent market research)
- Shaping compelling product enhancements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the data management and/or developer tools market, ideally in a product marketing or developer advocacy role, though other positions and relevant experience will be considered
- Technical proficiency and hands on experience with APIs and developer tools a plus
- You need to blend strong business and technical acumen, presented as thought leadership. You need a solid knowledge of developers and how to engage them
- You need the ability to modulate content to speak to different internal and external audiences
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to lead with a point of view and with stories that our audiences can relate to, producing stellar writing under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated success in positioning industry-leading products and solutions, with the creative and analytical horsepower to do so
- A very low ego-to-talent ratio and collaborative spirit
- BA/BS degree preferred, but relevant experience will be equally considered
- Preferred location North America
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.