Senior Product Owner at CCC
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
CCC is looking for a Sr. Product Owner with API experience to join our Telematics team in Austin Texas. This position involves working with both the business and technical resources within CCC’s Telematics organization. Key responsibilities include management of stakeholder needs, requirements management, assisting with testing, and collaborating with the engineering team. The Telematics Portfolio is one of the newest product lines within CCC’s product suite, and this is a key contributing role in the Telematics organization. Our Telematics products are paving the way for car manufacturers and insurance carriers to make better business decisions based on telematics data. This is an exciting time to join the team!
- Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for development team and manages changes to such specifications
- Works with the business stakeholders and technical teams to analyze, document, and realize complex product requirements
- Analyzes business partner’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate and optimize processes and functions
- Creates requirements documents, use cases, workflow diagrams, support materials, and other related documentation
- Develops quality assurance and testing guidelines for new software implementation and product enhancements and reviews QA test plans.
- Performs system testing as needed for new products and production fixes.
- Manages small projects or portions of larger projects
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation, as applicable, for new technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field.
- 5+ years of relevant systems analyst, business analysis, and/or product owner experience
- Understands technology trends in the industry and uses this knowledge to develop innovative solutions to enhance CCC’s competitive edge
- Basic understanding of APIs
- Experience with Databases with expertise in pulling reports using SQL and providing meaningful metrics
- Excellent written communication skills - documentation, presentations, and flowcharts
- Excellent verbal communication skills - communicate w/business partners, internal audiences, technical analysts, developers, & other cross functional staff
- Business requirements authoring/management, Use Case Authoring, Workflow Diagramming, Data Dictionary Authoring, Basic Project Planning and Management
- Working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office suite of products
Knowledge of the following:
- Software development life cycle
- Agile methodologies
- Best practices for iterative product design
- Ensuring products adhere to vendor and industry standards