Senior Technical Product Manager, Data Science
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Technical Product Manager to join HomeAway's Data Science Team. This position calls for a unique blend of industry knowledge and product management experience to drive critical initiatives, identify and take advantage of improvement opportunities, and increase visibility & education around data science topics.
We believe in building programmatically driven applications that help our internal partners automate their operations. You will be key to achieving this through close collaboration with data scientists, engineers, and analysts by acting as a communication beacon for the team. Your ability to develop a vision and act with autonomous initiative as you navigate partnerships with teams across the company and around the world.
You will need to be someone that is passionate about partnering with internal teams to discovery innovative ways to bring data science to bear within HomeAway’s marketplace. We’re looking for a leader that can combine their social skills with a deep knowledge of product management to deliver an extraordinary data science platform that drives a groundbreaking approach to decision-making. You will serve as a product authority, combining your industry knowledge and end-user feedback to guide the overall priorities. From there; you will be empowered to work with the Data Science team to design, implement and refine new models that our internal customers love.
- Develop, communicate and execute the vision, strategy and product roadmap for data science pipelines and platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to think boldly and creatively to craft concrete product ideas and business cases for new data science capabilities that optimize the HomeAway Marketplace.
- Participate in cross-functional partner teams to intake new ideas, handle urgent technical issues, lead release schedules to deliver high quality solutions.
- Launch and evangelize new capabilities with data science partners and product engineering teams to ensure they are full utilizing the best solutions possible.
- Establish and lead portfolio planning, including preparation and participation in 120-day planning sessions, monthly product reviews(MPR’s) and solution inceptions.
- Collaborate closely with Expedia to identify and capitalize on opportunities for partnership and/or use existing data science technology, data and model assets.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.