Senior Technical Product Manager, Programmatic Email Platforms and Marketing Data Products
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
We are seeking a Technical Product Manager to join our team that manages our email technologies and the marketing data products that optimizes acquisition of customers through performance marketing channels. In this leadership role, you will identify and define new solution approaches as we evolve our marketing infrastructure to create a competitive advantage in our marketplace. You will be asked to draw on your industry expertise and agile product management skills to implement a new programmatic email solution, leverage science to enhance our data products, and act as technology advisor by helping Marketing evaluate and implement new technologies.
Working within our team requires a unique blend of business acumen and technical skills. The Technical Product Management role is a multidisciplinary role focused on partnering with internal marketing stakeholders and engineering teams to define requirements and drive roadmap execution. In addition, you will have a strategic aptitude and the ability to improve execution by facilitating agile best practices in a matrix environment. You will serve as a product expert, combining industry analysis and stakeholder feedback to manage the overall product lifecycle; setting strategic vision, publishing roadmaps, defining requirements, and collaborating with Engineering to deliver solutions that your customers love.
- Meet frequently with Marketing stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business process and needs.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Engineering teams to establish solution strategy and publish roadmaps to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Develop product requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria to maintain the product backlog of priorities.
- Partner with your Engineering teams to manage the agile processes including release planning, sprint planning, standups, sprint demos and retrospectives.
- Monitor the Engineering team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers.
- Lead communication and solution delivery across cross-functional teams.
- Communicate upcoming milestones, status and recent releases to keep stakeholders senior management informed.
- Building prototypes and demonstrating capabilities to communicate new solution capabilities.
- 5+ years of Technical Product Management experience in a high-tech company, preferably in a B2C ecommerce environment or a commercial marketplace.
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing processes, marketing technologies, and integration approaches within performance marketing channels.
- Experience working with 3rd party display ad, social media, paid search (Google AdWords), or attribution platforms.
- Experience deploying, managing or working with an enterprise scale email marketing platform, Eloqua or Message Gears a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of applying data science to implement programmatic marketing solutions.
- Able to manage multiple complex development projects while delivering on schedule.
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, with strict attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated experience establishing establishing, socializing and gaining executive buy-in for brand new large scale strategic products or initiatives.
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to engineering and non-engineering stakeholder.
- 5+ years of experience using SQL or no-SQL technologies.
- BA/BS required preferably in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted).
- Scrum Master experience in a fast-paced software development environment a plus
- Experience with complex information architecture and cloud based architectures a plus
- Experience integrating and supporting Google AdWords/RLSA, Facebook, DoubleClick, or Criteo a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.