Senior Technical Product Manager, Sales and Support Platforms
Are you interested in solving some of the most complex, challenging, and exciting problems in the travel space? Are you a product manager with a scientific mindset and a passion for building exceptional user experiences? VRBO is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for the next standout product manager to join VRBO's Traveler Product team and power our core value proposition of helping our travelers book the perfect vacation across Expedia and global VRBO sites around the world.
As the Senior Technical Product Manager for our Salesforce CRM platform you will work closely with our customer support, sales, engineering, and data science teams to innovate how agents grow and support our customers. You’ll lead the CRM platform strategy to define new capabilities that accelerate sales representative’s ability to actively grow and monetize customers, while also enabling support agents to resolve customer issues more efficiently through new approaches to case management. You are an innovator, a strategic thinker, analytical, and passionate about improving agent and customer experiences.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with sales and support business partners to think boldly and creatively to create new CRM product ideas and business cases that unlock growth and continuous business improvement.
- Practice agile product management methodologies to develop, communicate and execute your platform vision, strategy and product roadmaps to create solutions your users love to use.
- Work with your business partners and engineering teams to convert user needs into engineering-ready backlogs and user stories.
- Collaborate daily with your technical teams to ensure product requirements are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate rapid delivery of new functionality.
- Remove roadblocks across the organization to mitigate risks and increase release velocity.
- Launch and evangelize new product releases with your users to ensure they are trained and fully utilizing new capabilities.
- Collaborate closely with Expedia Group to identify and capitalize on opportunities for partnership and/or use of existing technology assets.
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities to improve your solution strategy.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of software product management experience within an agile software development environment.
- High level of initiative, creativity, and desire to invent new technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of sales or customer support processes and methodologies.
- Experienced in applying data science to existing workflows and technologies to implement programmatic solutions.
- Demonstrated experience establishing, socializing and gaining consensus for large scale strategic projects and products.
- Possess analytical reasoning and ability to boil down user needs into new products/ideas and requirements.
- Ability to negotiate and influence your peers, work across diverse teams, and vigilantly prioritize opportunities.
- Experience designing, building and launching sales or support applications that leverage native Salesforce.com platform capabilities.
- Experience applying machine learning/AI to drive improvements in sales or customer support processes.
- 2+ years of hands on software development experience; alternatively, demonstrated understanding of technology & data architecture for high-volume websites.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical background.
- Familiarity with big data technologies a plus.
- Travel industry experience a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.