Senior Technical Product Manager at Expedia Group
We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other and supplier partner is a huge part of the travel industry. Our Travel Partner Group team is dedicated to building experiences that help our partners manage their properties effectively and efficiently, so they can attract more travellers and provide great experience for them. We are a global team with representation in the United States, Australia, Switzerland, China and India. The Opportunity and Discovery team builds platform that aggregates analysis data from the Brain which leverages all available data through Expedia Group brands and public data, and develop tools that surface opportunities for partners to improve engagement and competitiveness.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about user experience, technology, travel product and program management. The right person will have strong communication and coordination skills to drive business and functional requirement implementation. You will work with world-class engineers, and product managers in the US and locally to build high performance products. You will take ownership of the work streams in your team, build the communication bridge between Engineers and Product Managers, drive through innovative solutions, and collaborate with our global technology teams to build and keep optimising the travel supplier tool.
Who you are:
You are not only skilled on a technical front but also an excellent communicator with a bias for action. You have focus and strong sense of ownership. You are a key technical resource capable of driving cross-team design and architecture reviews across our full stack development team.
- Experience building strong relationships across different functions in the team and across parts of the organisation
- 7+ years’ experience gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed functional design specifications.
- 7+ years’ experience managing projects with Agile methodology.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritise workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Proven ability to with cross-functional teams to drive the implementation of new features and resolve operational issues.
- High degree of competency with project management, including issues and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall project status.
- Familiarity with web-based product development and understanding of typical technology architecture for high-volume web sites.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business and/or technology problems, and use data effectively in decision making
- Think strategically about big and bold moves, while also stay connected to the details and are ready and able to dive deep at any time.
What you will do:
- Have a keen sense of team dynamics and how to continually tune and improve the team's process to keep things running optimally
- You are driven to create outstanding customer experiences working closely with Product and Tech team
- You are good at understanding an entire problem and rallying a team to solve it
- You have had success turning complex business requirements into clear but comprehensive technical specifications
- Facilitate planning, retrospectives, and other meetings necessary to keep the team in sync
- Work with the product and engineering teams to understand the business problem and break it into user stories
- Partner with the Product Manager in defining the business value of our product strategy and defining ways to measure success on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with partner teams to identify future needs and prioritise development and delivery
- Develop a disciplined approach to improving team abilities and efficiency
- You will identify the metrics that matter and use them to drive team progress
- Actively identify and resolve potential roadblocks with a hands-on approach
- Effectively manage trade-offs between cost, schedule, and business benefit.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognises our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognise the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.