SVP, Product – Austin, TX
Amherst is looking for a Senior Vice President of Product Management to serve as the leader of the Product Team to ensure customer and business expectations are satisfied while identifying innovative opportunities to stay ahead of the curve. This role will work closely with senior management to identify and fill product gaps, uncover new product opportunities, and become an expert in the rapidly growing real estate vertical. WHO WE ARE:
Amherst is a financial services and technology company empowering global investors to access the U.S. real estate market with unparalleled ease and scale.
Our technology platform manages thousands of homes and billions of dollars of investment capital. The data and software required to handle such an operation is diverse. We build data infrastructure and tools to buy, renovate, and manage homes at scale. We build consumer brands and apps to lease and sell homes direct-to-consumer. We design, prototype, and roll-out IoT devices and smart home tech to help physically manage and solve important business operations.
Amherst employs a wide variety of tech to drive innovation in U.S. residential real estate. We are building RESTful microservices on serverless cloud infrastructures. Our tools and websites are built with modern web and mobile technologies. Our BI and data teams are using big data tools to create data sets that power the business.
Most importantly, Amherst has a strong, tech-friendly culture. We are looking for people who are scrappy and fast, who focus on solutions not problems, and who aren’t afraid of a tough deadline. We want people who have a high bar and love being part of a great team. WHO YOU ARE:
- A Real Pro. From concept to delivery, rolling out new and innovative products is your thing!
- Intellectually Curious. You are a detective, with a keen interest in solving both business problems and continuously looking to self-improve professionally. You strive for best practices and explore trends/experiments to improve the status quo.
- Entrepreneurial. You enjoy wearing many hats and hustling to get things done.
- Problem Solver. You have a propensity to think strategically, logically, and outside the box to solve problems for the business and customer.
- Resilient. You are open to objective feedback and view mistakes as a learning mechanism.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
- Meticulous. You are highly structured, disciplined and take pride in your work.
- Knowledgeable. You understand the scrum and agile rituals and leverage the best of breed software to help manage the end-to-end process efficiently.
- Team Player. You put team success first and have a high degree of personal character.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Drive product development from concept to launch with a team of engineers.
- Manage a team of Product and Project Managers. Guide career growth and mentor the individuals on the team.
- Create awareness of the products within the organization.
- Oversee product-related projects from design and development to production, understand what our users need, and work with all the necessary team members to bring the product to life, including detailed business requirements delivery.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Help formulate Build vs. Buy strategy where applicable – specifically for key functional and technology components
- Prioritize backlog to optimize customer satisfaction and internal resources.
- Coordinate product releases.
- Help with defining resources and schedules for project implementation.
- Help with defining requirements and plan project life cycle deployment.
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals and milestones.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- BS degree in business, computer science, or engineering discipline required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of Product Management or product design experience, including experience leading product management team.
- Familiarity with agile processes and product management tools such as Trello, Invision, Jira, Github, and Confluence.
- Must have experience managing a team and providing guidance, refinement, and detail of an initial idea, helping teammates build out a detailed implementation plan, and leading a team to deliver on the vision of a product.
- Detail-oriented and able to present product strategy as an executable detailed plan.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience conveying complex technical/design information in simple, digestible formats to nontechnical staff/team members.
- Understanding of UX/UI development and design principles.
- Bonus - experience designing user interfaces (e.g. ability to create examples through wireframes and mock-ups if needed)
- Bonus – experience in real estate and technical architecture of enterprise, web and mobile applications
WHAT WE OFFER:
Amherst’s WeWork office is located on Barton Springs Rd. near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of Lady Bird Lake.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Stellar colleagues with proven track records
- Parking pass provided (parking located in the Palmer Events Center across the street)
- Free sodas, kombucha, cold brew, and snacks
- Monthly lunch stipends and breakfast tacos on Thursdays!
- Monthly/Weekly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Read Full Job Description