Senior/Lead Product Manager
At ShipStation -- and ShipEngine (our enterprise and developer product) -- we liberate entrepreneurs of all scales from inefficiencies and complexities in logistics, so they can focus more on what they love: designing their store experiences, building businesses, and engaging with their customers. We solve mind-boggling problems at scale but our passion is really for entrepreneurs and their customers. This has made us the market leader in the eCommerce shipping and logistics space with hundreds of millions of orders and shipments every month.
About the Product Team
We are on a mission to create the best products and experiences for a wide range of users from small merchants to large enterprises, from people shipping from their garage to large networks of international warehouses, from business-savvy entrepreneurs to tech-savvy engineers. We approach that mission with a diverse, growing, and vibrant team mixing Product Managers and Designers of all backgrounds. We are dedicated to improving our craft and creating success for our customers. Our goals are ambitious, our approach is thoughtful and empathetic, and we bias toward action.
About the Role
ShipStation is a product company, so Product Management is at the center of everything we do. As a Senior Product Manager for ShipStation, you will lead product initiatives from inception to execution. First and foremost, you will be responsible for understanding our users and their daily work. Building on deep empathy, you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, data scientists, and other cross-functional team members to propose, ship, and refine delightful products.
We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills. You bring a customer-centric approach to your work, and a desire to build your skills as a product manager. We need people who love tackling technical and logistical complexity as well as taking responsibility for the success of our products in the market.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details.
- Familiarity with the concepts of design thinking and how rapid prototyping works.
- Strong focus on customers: you find a great deal of satisfaction in knowing users, who they are and what they do, but most importantly, why they do the things they do.
- Experience partnering with engineering and design to define, build, and maintain products which are critical to growth, engagement, and retention. Also, a great track record with these collaborative relationships -- people want to work with you again.
- Obsession with understanding how your work is impacting customers and how the team’s hypotheses are playing out “in the wild” -- you love data!
- A growth mindset -- experience with rapid experimentation, increasing conversion, and reducing churn
- B2B product experience is a major plus
- Exceptional decision making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs
- Thrives in a startup-like environment: loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, big ideas, and finite resources
Some perks of working at ShipStation
- Full health, dental, vision insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase and 401k plans
- Flexible vacation and paid holidays
- Monthly team building events (think team happy hours, crawfish boils, and volunteer events)
- Unlimited drinks and snacks of your choice + “Beer Fridays”!
- Weekly catered lunches (with healthy options too!)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled