Sr Manager - Product Management, Programmatic Content & Media
Are you excited about helping our Travelers discover awesome vacation rental experiences? Are you passionate about creating programmatic content systems on a global scale? Are you a Product Manager that loves technology and enjoys leading teams to build exceptional products?
HomeAway is part of Expedia Group, one of the worlds largest providers of online travel lodging, transportation and experiences. HomeAway and Expedia source and enrich content and media from our Travelers, Partners and external sources to guide Travelers through their journey of discovery, shopping, booking and stay. Our content must be compelling, localized, personalized and scalable to engage our global marketplace.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will oversee a team of global product managers focused on property and destination content, including UGC, structured attributes, photos and virtual tours. You will collaborate extensively with HomeAway and Expedia teams to discover opportunities for development and leverage of core services for content generation, classification, enrichment and localization. These content services will be leveraged by our Traveler and Partner experience teams to provide compelling customer journeys that drive conversion. This role encompasses product strategy, stakeholder alignment, roadmap development and delivery, team development, and individual contribution.
- Map the customer acquisition, shopping and stay product strategy into a vision, strategy, and roadmap for core content services.
- Identify areas of partnership and leverage for content services between Expedia and HomeAway, and incorporate into your product roadmap.
- Lead and develop a team of globally deployed Content and Media product managers.
- Serve as product owner for the core content and media services that fall within your purview.
- Guide the development of product strategy and OKRs for your teams and share progress at key planning and operational events.
- Incorporate data science within content and media platform services, to improve the quality of our content.
- Evangelize and practice the test and learn methodology to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate opportunities that will inform the roadmap.
Who you are:
You have demonstrated relevant and current expertise in the development of content and media services to facilitate the customer journey in a global marketplace. You are passionate about well-designed products, end user experience, and current and evolving standard methodologies in software development.
- 7+ years of product management in medium to large product organizations, working cross functionally and leading with influence.
- 2+ years experience developing programmatic content solutions through leveraging data science to enrich the customer journey.
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer market places preferred.
- Scientific mindset to make evidence-based decisions.
- Understanding of core data science principles, model development and production launch.
- Prior experience bringing globalized platform services to market. You understand the technical decisions that lead to global ready systems.
- Deep understanding of the principles of online customer acquisition and shopping.
- Prior experience leading a small team of product managers is a plus.
- BS or BA in related field.
- Willing to travel up to 25%.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.