Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products. We're making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavoring to make Atlassian products essential for all teams. We're growing our global design team and searching for passionate, talented designers to help us.
About the team:
As a Senior Product Designer working on Automation, you’ll be closely partnered with a Product Manager and Engineering Manager to scope, plan, and execute on the team’s roadmap. In addition to working with the Automation team, you’ll be part of the larger Design Team where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate, solicit critique, and grow alongside other designers.
As a design team, our purpose is to weave the goals of our customers and our business into a seamless experience. We champion experiences that are built for scale while still being designed for humans and loved by teams of all shapes and sizes. We believe that uniqueness is our greatest strength.
Show us something!
Along with your resume, send or point us to examples or a portfolio of your work. Ideally, send us work that shows us your experience on products that have shipped to real-world users. Don't forget to include a password if you have one.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Shape the automation product experience, helping our users to get more done
- Simplify complex functionality into easy to digest, fluid experiences
- Ship large, meaningful changes to millions of users across the globe
- Leave your mark on a well-loved product
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of product design experience
- Proven ability to frame problems, excellent visual design skills, and a deep understanding of product analytics
- Confidence in presenting your work and getting others on board with your design direction
- Strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the ability to collaborate with, influence, and impact different cross-functional partners and teams across the organization
- Ability to balance vision with iteration, to make tradeoffs, and get the right user experience to market
- Incredible communication skills in one-on-one settings, group meetings, and writing, with the ability to give and receive feedback and translate technical content to non-technical people
- Robust experience conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling
- Comfortable defining projects and measures of success, testing your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporating feedback.
- Ability to apply your design skills in research, interaction design, and visual design to help craft and build new features.
- Balance data-informed insights alongside synthesizing customer research streams.
- Strong execution skills too, and are adept in modern tools such as Figma, Mural, and Keynote.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.