We are hiring a Sr Product Manager, API / Integrations to join our team at Spruce. You’ll be responsible for partnering with our engineering and senior leadership team to deliver critical integration products and capabilities that support the flow of data to/from the Spruce platform and third party systems. Spruce partners with local service providers to offer services, like housekeeping and pet care, to residents of our multi-family property partners. This role will be a critical conduit to our property partners and understanding the software systems they use.
You report to the VP of Product @ Spruce, and will be responsible for defining the roadmap of externally available API / SDK products for Spruce. You will also own the roadmap for mission critical integrations with third party systems. This is a strategically focused role, that requires a good degree of technical acumen. You will have a high degree of latitude and independent decision making authority.
- Partner with engineering to own and deliver against business goals;
- Ensure they have direction and leadership - advocating for impactful changes;
- Internally advocate for what’s needed next, to help us achieve our goals;
- Strike a balance between short term progress and long term goals;
- Establish strong relationships with Sales, Operations, Client Success, Product / Engineering, and the Senior Leadership team;
- Foster key relationships with third party vendors, property partners and channel partners interested in integrating with Spruce -- communicate expectations with roadmap plans and understanding the business impact of integration needs (on both ends).
- 5+ years as a Product Manager in consumer web or SaaS products (fewer years accepted in combination with Software Engineering background)
- API/Integration Experience
- Comfort reading API Documentation and digging into the technical details
- Ideally someone who has personally built integrations
- A history of getting things done
- Experience building products using quantitative data
- Currently works in Agile environment, shipping incremental value
- A history of advocating for and supporting your team
- Experience partnering with other functions in an organization, like engineering, customer success, and UX
- CS or Technical Degree a plus
At Spruce, our mission is to build relationships and technology that empower local businesses to serve our residents. As the leading provider of lifestyle services to the multifamily industry, we offer daily chores, housekeeping, pet care, laundry and dry cleaning services to more than 750 apartment communities across the US. Through the intuitive Spruce app, apartment residents can easily book services from certified, insured and background-checked professionals. Our success is based on delivering the highest-quality services to residents on-demand. Venture-backed and headquartered in Austin, Spruce has more than 40 employees and is growing rapidly. We promote a people-first culture where curiosity, ownership and boldness are valued and encouraged. Each employee has a personal, measurable impact on the success of the company and ideas are welcomed from everyone.
Read Full Job Description