Sr. Product Manager, Consumer Experience
Who we are
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools, and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
To reflect our sharp focus on home buyers, we have multiple product management roles, at different levels, for you to find your home within our Buyer Experience team. We’re all about helping folks to find and shortlist a home to buy. Sounds simple right? But wait! There is so much we can do to take this from good, to amazing. We’re feeling cheekily bold to make a big step-change in the experience, which excitingly is a key ingredient to our plan for the strategy and success of our company.
What you will be doing…
You will passionately solve the real challenges home buyers face – making one of life’s biggest moments better for millions of people.
Work in close and deep collaboration with design and engineering – nimbly creating and crafting product solutions together.
You’ll motivate and guide product development for a specific aspect of the buyer’s journey, working as part of a small, empowered team of designers and engineers. Together, with a clear mission in your heads and hearts, you’ll ship a lot of engaging, beautiful and personalized new product experiences that genuinely solve buyer problems and delight them with what you create.
Day to day you can expect to:
· Work in tight, nimble partnership with your design and tech work teammates, sharing the sweat and joy of building stuff together
· Be celebrated for working with openness, trust, being humble, and being all about helping your team do great work
· Embrace ambiguity and help your team through it, laughing when we make a bad choice before figuring out what to try next
· Help embed a creative, goal-oriented and bold product culture, where we try new things and are curious and open-minded with how to reach each goal
· Have plenty of variety, no two days are the same!
What we’re looking for…
Of course, we have some things in mind that might help tell you if you’re a pretty good fit. We’re after product managers who have a:
· Self-assured nature who finds it fun to take on a big ask (small bites at a time)
· User-centered style, and background in consumer-facing apps
· Blend of experience from workplaces large and small
· Lovely set of views about how great products are made together with engineering and design - or if earlier in career, are forming those and keen to learn
· A respectful approach to guide, encourage (and even inspire!) a cross-functional team of designers and engineers, to allow each person to uniquely shine and contribute
· Digital product passion in thy blood (e.g. several years experience for the more senior roles), giving you some strong ideas (but weakly held) to share
· Run or two on the board in two-sided marketplaces - as an added bonus
· Soft skills set including communication, friendly, approachable, open to ideas, generous giver and receiver of feedback
Desire to be part of and help create a highly-inclusive culture where everyone
What are some of the benefits of this job …
· A generous base salary, complemented by an annual short term incentive
· Meaningful benefits, such as wonderful support for new parents, with a generous gender-neutral parental leave policy for both primary and secondary caregivers
· A manager and leadership dedicated to growing your skills, honing your strengths, engaging your passions, and allowing you to produce work you love
· An environment that welcomes your feedback, values different points of view and is eager to bring new ideas to life
· Quarterly Hack Days to bring your ideas to life and have fun with each other, and the support and genuine desire to assist underprivileged communities around the mission of a safe place to live
If you like the sound of us, then please throw your hat in the ring. While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a bit more through our site and social channels – such as our many awards & recognition, the ways we give back to the community and more on the realtor.com blog.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description