Sr. Product Manager, Event Management SaaS Platform at FloSports
FloSports, a leader and innovator in digital sports media, is currently seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our Event Management team.
About the Team: The Event Management team focuses on developing sophisticated solutions that allow sports organizations to plan, run and stream their sporting events end-to-end. This role is focused on B2B, but is a critical component of our B2C fan experiences. Our customers are coaches, meet managers, meet workers, teams, athletes, event managers and rights holders.
Our mission is to create a suite of event management tools that every sports event manager wants to use. Rights holders love us because we deliver seamless tournaments, enable monetization of their events, simplify data entry for real time live scoring that power immersive features for fans. From results, to push notifications, to live brackets, this role will deliver the backbone of the future of Wrestling, Cheerleading, Grappling and more.
We work in tandem with the Live Scoring and Results team, which is responsible for sourcing data from systems like ours, and making this data readily available to our various customer-facing teams (the FloSports apps).
We are open to remote candidates for this role with occasional travel to our Austin, TX office.
You’re a good fit if you are excited about the opportunity to:
- Co-lead Product Discovery efforts to understand your customers, their pain points and develop effective solutions.
- Build and maintain a product roadmap that balances customer needs with business needs.
- Combine data analysis and user research with event/tournament managers to inform decisions
- Foster relationships and drive alignment around event management initiatives
You will be successful here by:
- Working closely with the Live Scoring and Results team to bolster our Sport Data database, and product offering
- Gaining a deep understanding of who your customers are, and ruthlessly prioritizing the most impactful features event managers crave
- Building consensus across teams from your research to bring ideas into the real world. Working with your team to deliver value, measured by hitting quarterly goals
- Thinking holistically and connect the right dots between several large systems migrations we have in our roadmap
- Being supremely organized, and able to deliver results in an environment that has inherent hard deadlines for live sports events
We’re excited about you because:
- You have 5+ years of Product Management experience
- You’re a creative problem solver. Able to proactively identify real obstacles and work with a team to find effective solutions
- You love speaking with end-users to understand different user-journeys resulting in actionable insights
- You are a team player who is flexible and adaptable to embrace challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills. Understanding of how to adapt your language for the audience. Comfortable communicating with everyone from the C-Suite down.
- Smart, confident, highly competent, and humble. An all-around good person.
- Bonus points: Experience in event management, developing sport data systems, or the sport of Wrestling
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company sponsorship donation to youth teams coached by our employees
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment