FloSports has led the way in establishing a world-class digital streaming experience for millions of fans, families and athletes of over 25 different underserved sports. Imagine creating a digital platform that unites the casual fan with the most dedicated spectator, both experiencing thrilling live events from around the world with interactive features, real time analytics, powerful broadcast technology and more. Combine that with our unique original sports content ranging from breaking news and expert commentary to feature films, documentaries and multi-episodic series. That’s what FloSports is all about. We have successfully revolutionized the global sports media industry- the result of creating a diverse team of technologists and die-hard wrestlers, creators and devoted cheerleading experts, designers and hockey enthusiasts, communicators and motorsport fanatics, producers and casual sports fans… united by a shared passion to delight the underrepresented communities we serve. We are creating a home for underserved sports and we’re looking for people like you to help us!
About the Fan Experience Team:
At FloSports, we are building world-class apps for fans. We support our web app, native mobile apps for iOS and Android, as well as for the big screen on Apple TV, FireTV, Roku. Our apps deliver live streams, scores and results, interactive brackets, replays, articles and video-on-demand for 25 different sports verticals. Our mission is to create a harmonious multi-device experience for the modern sports fan.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll serve as the product owner within an agile scrum team that is primarily focused on our web app. You will be partnering closely with your Product Manager colleagues across devices to execute unified product roadmaps to build the future fan experience for FloSports customers. As a product manager, you’ll develop a shared vision and thoughtfully prioritized roadmap for your area of the product, aligning engineers, designers, and key stakeholders. You’ll dive into data to assess relative opportunities, and consistently prioritize for maximum impact.
We’re looking for someone that’s passionate about the customer experience, and has the curiosity to learn about innovative ways to deliver premium experiences for fans. The right candidate can balance qualitative and quantitative data to triangulate on the truth. Strong intuition, grit and determination to find ways to get things done are characteristics we’re looking for.
- Creative problem solver
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management
- Analyze business impact, ruthlessly prioritize
- Demonstrated experience working with a product design team through product discovery
- Ability to think holistically, connect dots between many systems
- You quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate to non-technical audience
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, with a knack for crystal clear documentation
- You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well
- Understand the OTT landscape, and how modern sports fans leverage different devices in their day-to-day interactions with their sports
- Experience working on an agile development team
- Passion for sports, especially in one of the many sports we cover
- Experience working on consumer products
- Experience in media, especially OTT media is a plus
- Comfortable with managing requirements through entire system: Front end, CMS, and APIs
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open our opportunities up to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized two years in a row as a Top Workplace by the Austin-American Statesman
- Flexibility at work - you can take control of your profession and personal schedule
- Strong remote work culture
- All-hands events hosted twice a year in beautiful Austin, Texas
- Annual equity awards for all top performers
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hack-a-thons and a full calendar of team-building and social events
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company donation to youth teams and leagues that our employees coach
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week