Sr. Product Manager -Technical at Amazon
Interested in being a part of the Last Mile organization -- one of Amazon's key initiatives? We are working hard, having fun, and making history!
If you are looking for an opportunity to build innovative products and solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate people, this might be the role for you. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in the way we do business with delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to evolve our business, and usher Amazon through innovation to the delights of millions of customers worldwide.
As a Sr. Product Management Technical for Amazon Last Mile Tech, you will manage a diverse portfolio of products to define and build systems and services that will enable last mile delivery of Amazon's packages WW.
You will develop the strategy and vision for the group, develop product roadmaps and define requirements for features based on product strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
• Partnering with key stakeholders to define product strategy and vision, and translate it into product roadmaps supported by internal and external analysis
• Lead a team of technical and business leaders who create product definition supported by business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Develop detailed, crisp requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Work closely with hardware and software engineering teams and technical program management to deliver products to market
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs for speed to market, performance and features
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Direct experience building products including both hardware and software components through multiple product lifecycles
• 10+ years’ experience leading product development with technical products/focus areas, product management, and/or program management.
• 5+ years of enterprise software product management experience
• 5+ years of people management experience.
• 5+ years’ experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules
• Experience working with stakeholders across many functions.
• Prior working experience in a Software Development Team.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• MBA and/or Master’s degree.
• Experience in cross-border shipping or transportation domain is a plus
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with software technologies, web services and back-end application infrastructure
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Demonstrates excellent judgment based upon strong market and product vision and excellent data-driven analysis.
• Demonstrates integrity and is widely trusted.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
• Relishes ambiguity and change; devises frameworks to resolve trade-offs and prioritize.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives