Sr. Product Manager - Traveler Checkout
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you interested in solving some of the most complex, challenging, and exciting problems in the travel space? Are you a product manager with a scientific mindset and a passion for building extraordinary user experiences? HomeAway is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for the next standout product manager to join HomeAway's Traveler Product team and power our core value proposition of helping our travelers book the perfect vacation across HomeAway, VRBO and global HomeAway sites around the world.
As the Senior Product Manager, you will work closely with the engineering, design, data science, data & content platforms, and other traveler teams to define the vision for our Pricing and Payments strategy. You’ll help create a world-class pricing and payments experience to enable travelers to identify, book, and pay for their trips. You are an innovator, a strategic thinker, passionate about user experience, analytical, and an excellent problem-solver.
- Develop, communicate and execute the vision, strategy and roadmap for one or more feature sets within the Traveler Checkout portfolio, in partnership with key team members, to drive higher traveler conversion.
- Lead a feature team during preparation and participation in 120-day planning sessions, monthly product reviews, and deep dive workshops.
- Collaborate daily with the Development, Design, and Analytics teams to ensure project requirements are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Practice the test and learn methodology and to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate opportunities that will inform the roadmap.
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities to improve the product strategy.
- Collaborate across the product management organization to ensure visibility into cross-cutting initiatives.
- Define, track and report on user metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvement e.g. feature usage, conversion rates.
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business partners.
- Make recommendations regarding policy changes that will enable and support the product vision and strategy.
- 7+ years of software product management experience within an agile software development environment.
- Experience utilizing web analytics and data analysis to aid business decisions.
- Possess analytical reasoning and ability to boil down end user needs into new products/ideas and a relevant technical framework proposal.
- Ability to lead large, complex, international projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to negotiate and influence your peers, work cross-functionally, and ruthlessly prioritize opportunities.
- Proficient in using the scientific method to find opportunities and evaluate solutions to business problems.
- High level initiative and desire to create a premier user experience for our customers.
- Understand high-level technical documentation to discern feasibility of integration, time frame, and required touchpoints
- Some International travel may be required
- Experience defining premier user experiences
- Familiarity with product merchandising and pricing techniques
- Familiarity with online payments, including peer-to-peer apps and other consumer payment tech.
- Experience with online A/B testing to drive improvement in customer experience and business results.
- 2+ years of hands on software development experience; alternatively, demonstrated understanding of technology & data architecture for high-volume websites.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical background.
- Travel industry experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.