The database market is massive and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024)! MongoDB Developer Relations & Education is on a mission to reach the masses of developers globally to drive awareness and education of our platform. We offer deep technical content on our Developer Hub, authoritative content for our products in our docs, as well as formal curriculum through MongoDB University. We have a passion for learning and looking for a Senior Product Manager to help deliver on our mission to empower developers on the MongoDB platform.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will establish a vision and roadmap for the unified developer education experience, which spans Docs, Developer Hub, and MongoDB University. You will work collaboratively with the product managers specific to those sites along with developers, program managers, designers, marketing, content authors, and external agencies to ensure we have a seamless developer journey across our sites as we strive to nurture deeper engagement and learning on our platform.
- In this highly visible position, you will drive vision, strategy, roadmap and target outcomes for the holistic developer experience across our educational sites
- Assess developer needs, business needs, and market trends to define product briefs and platform requirements. Collaborate with engineering, design, and marketing teams to integrate them into the technical roadmaps
- Advocate for the MongoDB developer. Work closely with other product managers and UI/UX designers to ensure an excellent user experience and engagement across our educational sites
- Participate in quarterly planning sessions to define initiatives, resolve dependencies, and perform data-driven prioritization in a cross functional team
- Keep a pulse on the industry trends for developer experiences to ensure our platforms consistently provide the best learning experience
- Conduct user testing and interviews as needed to vet requirements
- 5+ years of experience in product management or equivalent experience
- Proven success in having owned product vision and strategy, and aligning teams and prioritizing features/resources
- Ability to bridge gaps and build relationships across an organization
- An eye for user interaction and comfortable with delving into the platform and the implementation details
- Experience defining and gathering data to inform business and user experience decisions
- Highly collaborative, with strong communication skills and ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related engineering field, or equivalent experience in a software or technology-related field
- Preferred: direct experience with developing platform and/or education/learning products
- Preferred experience working with remote or distributed teams
- Ability to build cross organizational consensus
- Ability to make decisions using imperfect information and revise those decisions based on new information
- Driven and self-directed
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.