Sr Product Manager
Based in the Bohemian Cowboy capital of the world, Austin, Texas, Literati is a new kind of bookseller. Our mission is simple: to make parents and children love reading together by building a community that sparkles with life, curiosity, and imagination. We have more investors than employees, so if you’re a team player, an expert with a beginner’s mind, a rainmaker, or have a hint of alchemy up your sleeve, then we definitely want to talk with you!
Literati is looking for an exceptional Product Manager to own our Children’s subscription book club. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has built and shipped consumer facing software products to scale an already successful model. This role will work closely with Engineering, UX, Creative, and Finance to continue to grow what is already the #1 Children’s Book Club in the US while focusing on well defined KPIs and ambitious retention and growth targets.
What You'll Do...
- Be accountable for owning the product roadmap.
- Work closely with our co-founders to drive the Children’s Subscription business forward.
- Understand the needs of our customers and gather insights from our CX team to conceive elegant solutions that will surprise and delight them, resulting in higher retention numbers.
- Work closely with our Growth team to ensure that the user acquisition funnel is ruthlessly optimized.
- Understand the needs of internal stakeholders, including our warehouse and fulfillment teams to continuously improve the tools they use and thus make them more efficient.
- Partner with Engineering and UX to bring your roadmap to life in a continuous fashion.
Who You Are...
- Humble. Very Humble. Ego? Not your amigo.
- Data driven. You believe that great data enables you and others to make better decisions and you use data to make priority and tradeoff decisions.
- An accomplished Juggler. You manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy.
- A Contributor. You like to do more than just build products. You want people to use the products you create and enjoy educating others.
- Experienced. You're still learning—as we all are—but you have proven experience as a Product Manager.
- Technical. You know how to effectively communicate with engineering.
- Adaptable. You adjust to changes with ease and are up for a challenge.
What You Need...
- Minimum of 5 years as a Product Manager for a Software company. Preferably working on consumer facing products for a B2C/D2C company.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a similar technical degree. Masters degree is a plus.
- Strong communication, planning, critical thinking, and organizational skills required.
- Must be able to analyze data, solve problems, make decisions, and continuously improve
- Well versed in agile development and its tools (Jira, Clubhouse, GitLab)
Literati is dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe in the power of literature as a transformative form of technology that helps us see, and reflect upon, our common humanity. A great workplace should do the same—see, reflect, and celebrate the experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent of a diverse array of people. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, neurological and physical ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Read Full Job Description