Sr. Product Manager at Compeat
Sr. Product Manager, Accounting:
Compeat is a leading provider of restaurant back office, workforce, and accounting software. We’re growing rapidly and we are looking to expand our Product team with an additional Sr. Product Manager.
As Sr. Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market, face-to-face with customers, to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company.
You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, execute and communicate the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product line
- Coordinate and collaborate with all major internal stakeholders including the Executive Team, Finance/Accounting, Operations, and Sales
- Work with the engineering team with an agile mindset and process to define, elaborate and implement user stories
- Monitor and understand the key metrics for your product, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
- Work with UI/UX designers to deliver an awesome user experience
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities to improve the product strategy
- Engage and maintain successful relationships directly with the customer base to inform feedback and performance metrics
- Work closely with beta test groups and early adopters
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of software product management experience at a SaaS company
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- A passion for problem solving and empathizing with our user base
- Experience utilizing web analytics and data analysis to aid business decisions
- Ability to lead large, complex projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-starter with demonstrated strengths managing multiple projects simultaneously and driving them to completion with limited direction.
- You will report to the Director, Product Management
Desired/Nice to have:
- Restaurant industry/hospitality experience
- Accounting experience – at minimum, an understanding of basic accounting principles. Even better? A previous accounting or finance role with working knowledge of NetSuite, QuickBooks, and/or other accounting systems.
- Technical product management, or software development experience is a plus. Being able to effectively work with development teams is key.
- Experience researching, creating and validating concepts and wireframes with stakeholders. Proficiency using tools such as Miro, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc. is ideal.
Who are we?
Compeat Restaurant Management Systems was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. Over the last 20 years we have installed restaurant management software for hundreds of customers in thousands of restaurant locations across the US and Canada. Compeat software is running in every type of restaurant ranging in size from high volume independents to large chain operators. Compeat is the industry leading provider of end-to-end software solutions including accounting, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile apps.
Compeat Hiring Practices:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location where the candidate is applying.
Compeat doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Compeat.