Based in the Bohemian Cowboy capital of the world, Austin, Texas, Literati is a new kind of bookseller. Our mission is simple: to make parents and children love reading together by building a community that sparkles with life, curiosity, and imagination. We have more investors than employees, so if you’re a team player, an expert with a beginner’s mind, a rainmaker, or have a hint of alchemy up your sleeve, then we definitely want to talk with you!
Literati is looking for an exceptional Product Manager to own the development of new mobile products. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has built and shipped consumer facing mobile apps to lead our expansion into new markets. This role will work closely with Engineering, UX, Creative, and Finance to grow our business while focusing on well defined KPIs and ambitious retention and growth targets.
What You'll Do...
- Own the product roadmap and rapid iteration of a set of new mobile and web applications.
- Work closely with our VP of Product, UX Design, and Engineering to develop and launch new products - including an iOS and Android app.
- Work closely with our Marketing team to ensure that the user acquisition funnel is ruthlessly optimized.
- Understand the needs of internal stakeholders, including our warehouse and fulfillment teams to continuously improve the tools they use and thus make them more efficient.
- Gather insights from our CX team to conceive elegant solutions that will surprise and delight users, resulting in higher retention numbers.
Who You Are...
- A proven leader - you have a track record of building and launching new products and understand the requirements of mobile application development, including Apple App Store launch criteria.
- Data driven. You believe that great data enables you and others to make better decisions and are comfortable defining the KPIs you need to track.
- User experience obsessed - you go above and beyond to achieve elegant user experiences and strive for award winning design.
- An accomplished Juggler. You manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy.
- Technical. You know how to effectively communicate with engineering.
- Adaptable. You adjust to changes with ease and are up for a challenge.
What You Need...
- Minimum of 5 years as a Product Manager for consumer mobile products.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a similar technical degree is a preference but not required. Masters degree is a plus.
- Strong communication, planning, critical thinking, and organizational skills required.
- Must be able to analyze data, solve problems, make decisions, and continuously improve.
- Well versed in agile development and its tools (Jira, Clubhouse, GitLab)
Literati is dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe in the power of literature as a transformative form of technology that helps us see, and reflect upon, our common humanity. A great workplace should do the same—see, reflect, and celebrate the experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent of a diverse array of people. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, neurological and physical ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Read Full Job Description