Sr. Product Manager at Sysco LABS
About Sysco LABS
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve all parts of the e-commerce experience for our customers, including the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
About the Role
As Senior Product Manager, you will contribute to high-level product strategy and own prioritization and execution of a product roadmap across a broad scope of functionality for Sysco Shop, our e-commerce platform for restaurants and other food service providers that drives billions of dollars of revenue annually. This is a highly visible, strategic and cross-functional role that requires close collaboration with stakeholders across the business.
As a leader of the Sysco LABS product team, you will work closely with the Product, Engineering, UX Research, Design and Data Analytics teams to uncover and validate opportunities, deliver compelling solutions and iterate to improve based on customer feedback and product metrics. You will display an extraordinary attention to detail, the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs, priorities, and timelines, and have a proven track record of delivering quality products on time. Past experiences working in both B2B and B2C environments is a plus. As part of a small team, you’ll need to wear many hats, so flexibility and a can-do attitude are critical. You should be a creative thinker who can combine imagination and past experience to support your ideas and vision.
- Establish and communicate a coherent product vision and roadmap, with clear success metrics and KPIs
- Work within an Agile software development process to execute against a planned product roadmap, driving outcomes with a measurable level of impact
- Lead alignment efforts across the organization and with stakeholders to create a fit with strategic vision and coordinate through execution
- Maintain a broad understanding of how multiple product teams fit together and proactively identify cross-team dependencies
- Anticipate the impact of priorities across multiple teams
- Provide clear communication to all stakeholders, understanding multiple aspects of the business, numerous priorities and preferred communication styles
- Understand the restaurant technology market and e-commerce best practices
- Mentor junior members of the team by editing and providing feedback on product materials
- Maintain a presence in the broader Product Management community
- 6+ years of experience in product management, business consulting or related field
- You are motivated by and committed to continuous learning, growth and innovation
- You measure the success of product challenges with usage and engagement metrics and respond to all that the data reveals
- You are a self-starter, who can execute in ambiguous/unstructured environment with limited oversight
- You have the ability to think globally and strategically, as well as tactically to drive day to day releases
- You are customer focused in your approach and seek out, understand and respond to the needs of customers
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and can work effectively in both startup and large company environments
- You have a passion for taking a traditionally slow-moving industry and disrupting it with technology
Perks at Sysco LABS:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6th St, (walking distance to the MetroRail)
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
At Sysco LABS you will be part of a team that values trust, learning, and working together to solve problems. Your efforts will help to build groundbreaking experiences for our customers. Come join us!
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.