Do you love solving customer problems, but also love working in highly technical environments? We have just the job for you! The Environment Platform team is building a platform to support all hands-on learning environments at Pluralsight. A platform that supports environments like web-based code editors, Jupyter Notebooks, R-Studio, AWS, Azure, Kubernetes and much more. Your customers are internal teams providing skills experiences like assessments, labs, and video courses. This is an opportunity for someone that has product management experience with a background in engineering or DevOps, or, if you don't have product experience, but think you have the chops - you may still be a fit!
Who You Are Committed to Being
- Creative problem solver. You like to think beyond the first idea that comes to mind. Your curiosity pushes you to find the root of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms.
- Excellent communicator. You leave people with a positive impression. You surface bottlenecks and problems, then turn around and work to tackle them.
- A phenomenal teammate, committed to working closely as a team. We do our best work together, and we all work to help the team.
- You're not afraid of technical details. This team's product is technical - we provide practice environments for software development, data, AI, ML, Security, DevOps and Cloud.
- You establish a desired outcome and empower others to come along.
- You ask questions, understand nuance, and challenge conventional wisdom
- You understand what people say they want and what they actually want may differ
- You actively seek feedback
- You operate with empathy and integrity
- You improve the health of your team
- You are open to the best solution, regardless of its source
- You distill clarity from ambiguity
- You are committed to Pluralsight's mission and values
What You'll Own
- Driving product / platform mission, vision and strategy that aligns to company strategy and objectives.
- A consistent, reliable product - uptime and response time matter.
- Defining, prioritizing, and delivering outcomes with your team.
- Experience crafting long-term and short-term product roadmaps. Adept at balancing user, revenue and technical needs including ability to make hard trade-offs with imperfect and incomplete information.
- Communicating plans, progress, goals, and roadblocks to larger team and partners.
- Helping the team reflect and improve on how they work
- Resolving and reducing issues in collaboration with engineering
- Evaluating the cost vs. value of maintaining experiences vs. innovating new ones
- Helping share standard methodologies across teams
- Consistently delivering business and customer value in the form of iterative improvements and enhancements to the product.
Experience You'll Need
- Validated experience in software engineering and development and or technical product management
- Confirmed understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, Terraform)
- Experience with containerization technologies like Kubernetes
- Comfortable interacting with a diverse set of technical and non-technical counterparts
- Experience collaborating with engineering teams and communicating on a technical level
- Strong leadership, communication, problem-solving, sense of ownership, collaboration, analytical and presentation abilities.
- Technical degree and/or experience is a huge bonus (Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, etc.)
We know there are candidates who might not fit everything we've described above, or who might have experience and skills we haven't considered. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply.